Ghost of perdition solo

Bored

Jul 21, 2004
at around 7:58 in GOP.. my god is that solo amazing or what? it numbs my mind every time i hear it.. anyone agree? its my fav solo by him for sure.. each note is AMAZING :OMG:

Actually yeah, it's a really awesome solo. It takes the song to the next level, and it's not too long so it doesn't get boring.

yea i tabbed it out ..i love how he pieced this.. GOD DAMN YOU AKERFELDT FOR SELLING YOUR SOUL TO THE DEVIL :hotjump:

Bored said:
yea i tabbed it out ..i love how he pieced this.. GOD DAMN YOU AKERFELDT FOR SELLING YOUR SOUL TO THE DEVIL :hotjump:
Wankerness already tabbed out the whole song, he did a great job too.

Olllie said:
Ghost of Perdition isn't by HIM... i think you got the wrong forum.

Bahahahahhahahahahahahaa :erk:

God damn you're a terrible poster

"Guitar is tuned whole step down .."

Really? I mean on their official site they said something aout an open tuning and since they used the dropped D at times (Blackwater Park or Demon of the Fall), I thought they were using it for most of the songs on GR... You may be right though

That solo is in fact outstanding, like most solo's on GR... Personally, I love the one from The Grand Conjuration... The way it kicks off with the tapping and the way it ends during that after-solo riff... Pure genious! :D

yea but that conjuration one kinda reminds me o fthat one in deliverance before he breaks into that accousitc riff at the end ..same sorta way of thinking. but never the less its awesome.

but yea whole step down for GOP

on a side note.. im finding it much easier to tab this album compared to any other one.. regardless of how aamazing it is.. he cahnged his writing style.. its simpler. liek that intro riff for beenath the mire is just basically D minor to diminshed to augmented.. then a riff that slight back to D..
so yea i dunno strangely simpler but still AMAZING.. more of a jazzish way i think of writing...

:Wreath: said:
"Guitar is tuned whole step down .."

Really? I mean on their official site they said something aout an open tuning and since they used the dropped D at times (Blackwater Park or Demon of the Fall), I thought they were using it for most of the songs on GR... You may be right though

That solo is in fact outstanding, like most solo's on GR... Personally, I love the one from The Grand Conjuration... The way it kicks off with the tapping and the way it ends during that after-solo riff... Pure genious! :D

Argh, doesn't anyone look at my tabs? They actually ARE in open tunings, aka NOT DROP D and even more definitely not in whole-step-down tuning. :p

Yes I agree, it is a nice solo.

Speaking of which don't the solo's from Beneath The Mire totally remind you of the solo's from the first album of Gordian Knot. They have a very similar tone.

wankerness said:
Argh, doesn't anyone look at my tabs? They actually ARE in open tunings, aka NOT DROP D and even more definitely not in whole-step-down tuning. :p

chill out.. i jsut realized it wasnt in drop D so i tuned my guitar to D and the riffs were making sense.. so i just assumed it was naturally.. but yea .. ure right its open Dm..

Yeah man, you should chill out more ;)

And the open dm does make sense, I suspected that earlier but I was too lazy to detune my guitar I guess :D