Ghost of perdition; up their with their best tracks?

Im' not trying to persuade other people to follow my point of view, but I think the Baying of the Hounds is the best track on GR. If you feel offended by this I'd excuse myself but at the same time stress the fact that this is only my personal opinion.

I can't stand to even listen to Ghost of Perdition anymore. I over played it before the album came out and now it doesn't feel like part of the album to me. It feels completely out of place, but this of course is my own fault, but I guess I would have to class it as my least favorite track on the album.

Just about anything on this disc outside of Atonement and TGC falls into thier best work categories.

If / when everyone gets over the newness of this cd, or maybe even a few cd's down the road, it will be realized how great this cd is. Just my .02

April Etheral said:
i'm not too sure about GOP... it seems the weakest on the album to me - it all sounds a bit samey, the riffs are too similar to other ones off Deliverance and BWP

I would have to say Reverie/Harlequin Forest is the best song on the album...its just got the best balance of brutality and beauty

But everyone is entitled to their own opinion ;)
My thoughts exactly. Everything you said.

April Etheral said:
i'm not too sure about GOP... it seems the weakest on the album to me - it all sounds a bit samey, the riffs are too similar to other ones off Deliverance and BWP

I would have to say Reverie/Harlequin Forest is the best song on the album...its just got the best balance of brutality and beauty

But everyone is entitled to their own opinion ;)

I agree 100%. Reverie is more complete in terms of dynamics and overall song-structure. It also kicks-ass! :headbang:

GOP is definitely one of the tracks on the album where everytime I hear it I go :OMG:

Does anyone else get a MAYH vibe from 8:20 - 9:00 ?

ps. that is one of the best riffs on this album IMO.