ghost reveries

Nexis

Feb 2, 2006
steven wilson didn't work on GR with Opeth did he? iirc, he only worked on Blackwater Park, Deliverance and Damnation. any idea why he didn't do GR with them?

I love the production on GR ... and remember: Opeth produce their albums themselves, so the influence on the sound is not that strong I believe. Perhaps it would be a little bit different with Wilson, but it would less interesting for GR I think. It's always nice to hear other approaches ...

the singing parts would have been diffent for sure like the first singing bits on GoP and BotH its just pop singing realy it would have been diffent and better if SW worked with them

cuntface said:
its just pop singing realy

I don't hear it. What constitutes pop singing...

a major key? a powerul voice? I dont see the connection between pop and anything on ghost reveries.

Stimuli said:
I don't hear it. What constitutes pop singing...

a major key? a powerul voice? I dont see the connection between pop and anything on ghost reveries.
what listen to the 1st part of singing in the baying of the hnds its pop singing to the max

he was good, but I like the unmistakable Opeth feel about Still Life, which maybe blackwater park would have tasted of more if steve wilson hadnt been involved in it. but still, all his work with opeth is very good

daz436 said:
he was good, but I like the unmistakable Opeth feel about Still Life, which maybe blackwater park would have tasted of more if steve wilson hadnt been involved in it. but still, all his work with opeth is very good
that's kind of a ridiculoud thing to say, that still like had an "opeth feel." every opeth album has that, otherwise they're not opeth albums, regardless if steve wilson worked on them or not. but is it really just a coincidence that the first album they do with SW is (arguably) the best opeth album ever? sure it's mostly the actual music, but can you imagine the drapery falls being as good without that lead part in the intro/end riff(which SW wrtoe)? and god knows how many other contributions he's made to the album, musically, production-wise, etc?