Survivor Final Showdown - Round Four

Vote for the song, out these master pieces, that you like the least.

• My Arms, Your Hearse: When

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • Still Life: The Moor

Votes: 8 9.4%
  • Blackwater Park: Blackwater Park

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Deliverance: Deliverance

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • Ghost Reveries: Ghost of Perdition

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • Watershed: Heir Apparent

Votes: 21 24.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm a little shocked to see deliverance so high up but then they're all kickass tracks...

voted Heir apparent as least emotionally attached to...

How about If BWP wins the polls you leave till next cd is released, but if it loses I leave to the next cd? Quite the wagger eh?

Start voting for (against) Blackwater Park, please.

I will continue to vote against it because it's the weakest song up there. Yes, the riffage is awesome, but it's more atmospheric than substantive, its orchestration isn't up to par with the rest... look, ask me in a month and like I'll say, I'll be raving about how When is clearly better than the others or something, but at this moment, Blackwater Park is marginally worse than everything else up there for me. And Heir Apparent, is perfect. It's bursting at the seams, it's so good. It achieves the emotional and aesthetic equivalent of the song BWP in like two thirds of the time. Nothing feels repeated, nothing feels drawn out or stretched thin, riff played 8 times instead of four, four instead of twice. The lyrics are as good as Åkerfeldt's ever been, ever (plus it's a closeted protest song against George W.) the shred and slide solo...

chicken.jpg

I will continue to vote against it because it's the weakest song up there. Yes, the riffage is awesome, but it's more atmospheric than substantive, its orchestration isn't up to par with the rest... look, ask me in a month and like I'll say, I'll be raving about how When is clearly better than the others or something, but at this moment, Blackwater Park is marginally worse than everything else up there for me. And Heir Apparent, is perfect. It's bursting at the seams, it's so good. It achieves the emotional and aesthetic equivalent of the song BWP in like two thirds of the time. Nothing feels repeated, nothing feels drawn out or stretched thin, riff played 8 times instead of four, four instead of twice. The lyrics are as good as Åkerfeldt's ever been, ever (plus it's a closeted protest song against George W.) the shred and slide solo...

i agree with you comment about BWP. it's good...but nowhere near as good as the other contenders. Looks like I may be outnumbered though...