Survivor Final Showdown - Round One

Vote for the song, out these master pieces, that you like the least.

• Orchid: In The Mist She Was Standing

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Morningrise: To Bid You Farewell

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • My Arms, Your Hearse: When

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Still Life: The Moor

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Blackwater Park: Blackwater Park

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Damnation: Windowpane

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Deliverance: Deliverance

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Ghost Reveries: Ghost of Perdition

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Watershed: Heir Apparent

Votes: 6 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Because there was nothing wrong with the performance, and if you're stating there is something wrong then thats stating a fact. Simple.

"ok, on white cluster, the riff underneath the solo sounds like the heir apparent thing, the e pedal point and the octaves. the difference is that the pedal is not quite so long but it still sounds similar to me."

That's not the same phrasing. Wtf.

yes, wasnt done very well may well refer to the performance, however i did not mean the skill in which it was played. i meant that it could have been performed differently

as an example, vuashke plays a g minor scale followed by an a minor scale followed by a d minor scale. there was no physical error, but he felt it was not done well because it didnt sound good. so he substitutes the d minor with an f minor. get what im saying?

i guess a better thing to say would be the EFFECT created was not done well

Because there was nothing wrong with the performance, and if you're stating there is something wrong then thats stating a fact. Simple.

:lol:

You're going in circles dude, and you continue to ignore everything everyone's said. Stop construing wrong as pertaining strictly to a factual basis.

For example, I think there's something wrong with "Porcelain Heart" (namely, its arrangement).

It's clearly my opinion. How is that any different from what Vuashke said? There's something about the slide that he just doesn't like. It feels wrong to him. How is that fact?

:lol: Tell me how could it have been preformed differently?

it could have cadenced with a dom7b5 progression, or ended like the way the solo in the lotus eater did (i think its the lotus eater, i will check now)

yes it is the lotus eater, instead of ending by sliding back and forth, it could be slid back and forth BUT move progressively lower in pitch like it tla one. i think that would have suited it well

it could have cadenced with a dom7b5 progression, or ended like the way the solo in the lotus eater did (i think its the lotus eater, i will check now)

So your argument had nothing to do with the execution, but rather the choice of the progression?

In my opinion: (1 - my favourite, 9 - my least favourite)

1. To Bid You Farewell
2. In The Mist She Was Standing
3. Blackwater Park
4. When
5. Windowpane
6. The Moor
7. Deliverance
8. Heir Apparent
9. Ghost of Perdition

Well, when you were at the last songs for each album, you removed them 2 by 2, which I believe makes it inaccurate. And the fact that some song were removed even if their votes were very close to others... the chosen song to be the best Opeth song is going to be "borderline".

As for this current poll, for example, The Leper Affinity (which is not here), would beat the song from Orchid (pretty sure of it). Anyway, well see what it gives, I'm not saying its total bullshit at all. Just saying that I think you skipped some little things.