Survivor Final Showdown - Round Four

Vote for the song, out these master pieces, that you like the least.

• My Arms, Your Hearse: When

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • Still Life: The Moor

Votes: 8 9.4%
  • Blackwater Park: Blackwater Park

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Deliverance: Deliverance

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • Ghost Reveries: Ghost of Perdition

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • Watershed: Heir Apparent

Votes: 21 24.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Heir Apparent is perfect; I wouldn't want to change a thing...
Seems that it's losing because it's not considered a classic (yet).

BTW. some badass chickens in this thread! :headbang:

It's losing 'cause most people think it's the worst song on here.

And what people think is the "worst" song here is based on opinion, which is affected by all those circumstances, my friend.

If it would have been released on My Arms, Your Hearse in 1998 (I know it doesn't fit the concept, but imagine it coming after April Ethereal) people would think different about it and probably aprreciate it more right now.
That's at least what I think.

And what people think is the "worst" song here is based on opinion, which is affected by all those circumstances, my friend.

If it would have been released on My Arms, Your Hearse in 1998 (I know it doesn't fit the concept, but imagine it coming after April Ethereal) people would think different about it and probably aprreciate it more right now.
That's at least what I think.

I wouldn't. I just think it's a pretty poorly written and boring song compared to all the others.. has nothing to do with what album it comes from really.

I wouldn't. I just think it's a pretty poorly written and boring song compared to all the others.. has nothing to do with what album it comes from really.

I don't agree in the slightest. I think you of all people should enjoy it. I definitely feel it's their most powerful hard hitting song, and much better than the other contenders like Wreath or Masters, which aren't very good tracks imo.

this is wierd, I always thought deliverance was the ultimate opeth song, I am biased though because it was the first opeth song I heard. But I thought it covered everything that is opeth? in fact, my three least favorites on this list are the ones that are currently best placed now, the moor, blackwater park and ghost of perdition, especially ghost and the moor, I really dont think they are that good. For instance, godhead's lament is so much better than the moor.

I really hope deliverance and when will last a bit longer, they are definately top 3 opeth songs!

Deliverance is no. 1 for me too. And I gotta say, I can't understand how Blackwater Park or The Moor are this highly praised. BWP is, with Opeth-standards, BORING. It's one of the weakest tracks on the BWP album. Also, The Moor is nothing compared to Deliverance, When or other masterpieces that didn't make it this far (The Drapery Falls, The Grand Conjuration, Wreath etc.)

Blackwater Park or The Moor are this highly praised. BWP is, with Opeth-standards, BORING.

i used to think that too for a long time until i let it sink and figured the song structure, and then i realized those "climaxes" are the best part in pretty much all of opeth's discography, insane shivers. and i dont find the interludes boring, they arent really longer than they should be imo

It's not the length of the interludes or a hard-to-get-into song structure or anything, it's simply the pure level of quality of everything on the song that is lower than on most other Opeth tracks. Don't get me wrong, I think BWP is a great song, but by Opeth-standards (as stated before) it is boring. I've listened to the album for hundreds if not thousands of times since it was released, so I've given it plenty of time to sink in ;) But that's only my opinion, of course.

This is getting much tougher. I voted GOP. It's just not as good as the others listed.

It should come down to Deliverance, BWP & Heir Apparent. If it doesn't this month long thread was a failure

now that I think about it, I may be rating blackwater park because it is still one of the songs, in fact, one of the albums I have to discover with opeth, last time I listened to it was over a year ago and even then, I didnt listen to it thoroughly... interesting, I have one album remaining! :D

This is a hard choice... voted against BWP. I think the ending drags.

I would love it if The Moor, Deliverance, or When win (in that order).