ghost reveries

Larsson said:

maybe larsson, you could elaborate just a teensy weensy bit before you make yourself look like an idiot. perhaps you could tell us why you disagree with rick. i think jens bogren is too clinical. in my opinion jens' work takes the human element out of the music.

i didn't mean it as a bad thing that SW and OPETH are meant to be together, i just used the :erk: because i like it

I think SW should be the 6th opeth member, he's great and makes opeth much much better than they already are! :erk: <--- because i like it!

biggsy said:
maybe larsson, you could elaborate just a teensy weensy bit before you make yourself look like an idiot. perhaps you could tell us why you disagree with rick. i think jens bogren is too clinical. in my opinion jens' work takes the human element out of the music.
On the other hand Rick didnt elaborate on why he thought GR was too clinical, or why it's a bad thing. Human element?

biggsy said:

Is this in contrast to Deliverance? Which is by far Opeth's most over-produced work to date.

Going by the benchmarks set in today's metal recording, Jens went against the grain to give Opeth an organic sounding record that was still powerful and on par with other professional releases.

cuntface said:
the singing parts would have been diffent for sure like the first singing bits on GoP and BotH its just pop singing realy it would have been diffent and better if SW worked with them

You know, using that same logic, Demon of the Fall has pop singing too.

lolz.

Steven Wilson should do their next one. Blackwater Park was a masterpiece.

And so was Damnation. Ghost Reveries was pretty good too, but I bet it would have been 10x better with Steven Wilson.

I think Stevens contributions to the music fit opeth well. I was kind of disappointed when he didnt do Ghost Reveries