Ghosts

BlackSkies7

New Metal Member
Dec 16, 2012
NYC
Hello Alexis and Instanzia-

I was fortunate enough to get linked to the Ghosts album while listening to Ensiferum on Youtube.

After hearing the songs off your album I really wanted to know more, and luckily found this page. Im not a big online forum person, however I would like to commend you on your efforts!

Ghosts is a terrific album, I feel its very unique and have since searched for a band with a similar sound to yours and have come up relatively empty.

I have seen the Desert Fox getting alot of attention, and while its a very good song I have to place a vote in for Heavenly Hell!

The song is truly amazing; the vocals, and especially when the instrumentals really kick in at about 4:10, the song delivers a driving adventurous force recapturing an epic moment in time. This is further enforced by the amazing cover art where your artist truly has represented iconic images from the Greco-Roman era, especially noted in the face of the foremost female. Depicting the traits of ancient tales of outer-world beings with sharper face characteristics, excellent attention to detail throughout this album cover to cover.

I eagerly look forward to your next album and would like to remind you that despite the struggles you are facing with perfecting it, your efforts are well appreciated.

Hey man!! Thanks for taking the time to write, this is highly appreciated!! It's indeed the best place if you want to write directly to us and if you want to know specific things about anything regarding the project.

I really like Heavenly Hell too, it's a really heartfelt song but I feel the songwriting was a bit rushed... especially after the solo. Desert Fox is better ''written'' if we analyze things that way. Of course these details don't change the global feeling of the tune and these two songs are worlds apart. I think you'll be very satisfied with the second album since a lot of it is more in the HH vein both lyrically and musically. We went for a more dramatic/symphonic approach and I think we actually succeeded at a lot of it! I really can't wait until people can hear what I've been slaving on for a while now!

I'm also a huge fan of our Ghosts artwork, I think Fournier really nailed exactly what we needed! I still remember seeing the first sketch and almost falling to the ground! I couldn't stop watching it for a few hours, great memories! That was 2008... Ghosts also took very long to finish but it was due to the fact we didn't have experience.

So don't hesitate to post here again if there's anything you'd like to know or anything you'd like to say!!! Thanks again for writing!