Gibson 500T any good?

DURBANS

Feb 2, 2005
Hi

As I said before, I'm getting a Gibson V Factor X Flying V guitar soon. I replaced my Gibson pups with EMG's when I had my Goth Flying V. Problem is that I can't remember how they sounded since I had them for like a month before installing the EMG's.

I wanted to know if these were any good specially the 500T and how does it compare in output/tone with an EMG 81.

Thanks in advance!

I did it without thinking, I just thought "wow, Metallica and Slayer use EMG's, so I guess it's the good stuff"

I have a gibson 500T in the bridge of the flying v I made, it rocks for metal and harder rock - very bright and high output, excellent for palm-muted stuff and getting a really zingy sound.

not very versatile though. I put a parallel switch on it and it now sounds ok for clean, but not much cop really in that dept..

That 500T is actually one of my favorite pickups now. I have a Gothic Explorer and although I don't like the guitar as much as I used to, it's my best sounding guitar I've got. The leads are searing and it's not over the top hot where you can't control the feedback, but hot enough to get some great harmonic squeals from em. BTW, this is an awsome forum...never ventured to the bottom of the Ultimate Metal page to know it's here, lol