[gig] 24.06.07 - GRASPOP FESTIVAL

melchen

I AM NNT DSUNK!!!!
Mar 26, 2006
bääh - i was first :p

couldnt believe, that they really are going to put all those bands on the same day, but now its official, it will ROCK!!! 5 finnish bands on the same day :p

FRIDAY JUNE 22
AEROSMITH - CHRIS CORNELL - WITHIN TEMPTATION - TYPE 0 NEGATIVE - BLIND GUARDIAN - PAPA ROACH - THERION - CELTIC FROST - THIN LIZZY - PAIN OF SALVATION - SABATON - GRAVE DIGGER – VADER – 1349 – AMORPHIS

SATURDAY JUNE 23
IRON MAIDEN - KORN - HEAVEN AND HELL - LIFE OF AGONY - STONE SOUR - DIMMU BORGIR - CANNIBAL CORPSE – TIAMAT - ATHEIST - ME FIRST & THE GIMME GIMMES - LAMB OF GOD - LESS THAN JAKE - SIRENIA – BRUTAL TRUTH – DROWNING POOL – LAUREN HARRIS

SUNDAY JUNE 24
OZZY OSBOURNE - SLAYER - VELVET REVOLVER - CHILDREN OF BODOM - BLACK LABEL SOCIETY – HAMMERFALL - AMON AMARTH - FINNTROLL - MASTODON - MOONSORROW – CHIMAIRA - DEVILDRIVER - KORPIKLAANI - IN THIS MOMENT – TURISAS – ELUVEITIE - UNEARTH

SUNDAY JUNE 24
OZZY OSBOURNE
BLACK LABEL SOCIETY – CHILDREN OF BODOM
AMON AMARTH - FINNTROLL - MOONSORROW – DEVIL DRIVER
KORPIKLAANI - IN THIS MOMENT – TURISAS – ELUVEITIE

:OMG:

I wish I could go there!!! :(

couldnt believe, that they really are going to put all those bands on the same day, but now its official, it will ROCK!!! 5 finnish bands on the same day :p

But most important ELUVEITIE!!!!!!!!! :headbang:

FUCK I HAVE TO GO THERE!!!!! :cry:

pfft crappy line up so far... (YES we are spoiled)
only bands that really catches my interest are: Blind Guardian, Sabaton and Vader on friday, Cannibal Corpse and Atheist on saturday (Iron Maiden will play waaaay to much of the new album, nothing really wrong with that,but when they headline a festival I need some classics!) and Turisas, Korpiklaani and Ozzy on Sunday (Finntroll fucked up to many shows, I would like to see Moonsorrow though, but to much is simply to much and I'll catch a show of them sooner or later in a small venue, where they belong)

I might not even go to Graspop. Hellfest and With Full Force are big concurrents, and going to Party San for sure.

See, I was originally going to go to Wacken, but to be honest... I'd rather go to Graspop. It's basically all the good bands from Wacken but with extra awesome bands and less Bullet for my fucking Valentine.

Excellent choice you just made ;)
Graspop seems to become one awesome party again this year!

Hailos.

just out of curiosity.. have the tickets been that expensive last year too? i think it's really an expensive festival. well, for me it doesnt matter, but still it sucks for all other people wo'd like to come and cannot then. hum yes.

and hell, i still have no clue how we will make it from that austrian festival to graspop on one day. probably driving the night --> i will be fucked up. need to get some amphetamines somwhere!

just out of curiosity.. have the tickets been that expensive last year too? i think it's really an expensive festival. well, for me it doesnt matter, but still it sucks for all other people wo'd like to come and cannot then. hum yes.

and hell, i still have no clue how we will make it from that austrian festival to graspop on one day. probably driving the night --> i will be fucked up. need to get some amphetamines somwhere!

It's true when you say Europe's festivals have become more expansive last years. I thought Graspop's price last year was about €110,- , so lot of difference bitween the actual price of €125,- is not there.
Although, looking at this year's line-up, for the more 'underground' - in it's biggest sense - metal listeners, this may be a dream line-up at Sunday. And bloody hell...it really is hehe.

Hehe melchen, that situation was good for a laugh. ;) When is that Aussie festival you just spoke about?

Hehe melchen, that situation was good for a laugh. ;) When is that Aussie festival you just spoke about?

ah, i didnt see that the combi-ticket is 'only' 125€. i just knew the prices for the day tickets which were really expensive.

that austrian festival is the day before. here. i have no idea about the get-in times yet, but its a journey of 900km, and imagine when you drive a bus with 12-14 people, you can be sure that at least after 45 min someone needs sooo urgently to pee, is dying of hunger, needs a smoke/fuck/vomit etc. so out of my experience it will take us at least 13 hrs to drive to dessel. will be fun. haha.

but now i need to hurry to catch my flight northwards :)

It's true when you say Europe's festivals have become more expansive last years. I thought Graspop's price last year was about €110,- , so lot of difference bitween the actual price of €125,- is not there.
Although, looking at this year's line-up, for the more 'underground' - in it's biggest sense - metal listeners, this may be a dream line-up at Sunday. And bloody hell...it really is hehe.

Ah €15,- is like just £10 to us in the UK, it's not too steep a price hike! I just compare things like WOA & GMM to the crappy festivals we have here in the UK and laugh while giving my European cousins a big hug :headbang:

Download
Ticket = £160
Travel = £60
Expenses = £overpriced
Beer = Watered Down
Metal Market = Non-existant
Metallers = LOL Spooky Kids, 'Punk' Wankers, Hooligans Burning Stuff, Fat Old People Who Should Know Better Then Wearing What They Do

Graspop
Ticket = £75ish
Travel = £70
Expenses = £thirty% cheaper due to €
Beer = Cold and godly
Metal Market = OMFG (Dissection's Storm of the Light's Bane double vinyl, Samael vinyl boxset, Stream of Passion & Dead Can Dance DVDs for my gf - awesome)
Metallers = Crazy Vikings, Jolly Germans, Hardened Festival Warriors, Beer-bellied Old Dudes Sporting Huge Beards And Skintight Ancient Metal Shirts

Summary
European Festivals :kickass: :headbang: :worship:
English Festivals :err: :zombie: :ill: :erk:

Ah €15,- is like just £10 to us in the UK, it's not too steep a price hike! I just compare things like WOA & GMM to the crappy festivals we have here in the UK and laugh while giving my European cousins a big hug :headbang:

Download
Ticket = £160
Travel = £60
Expenses = £overpriced
Beer = Watered Down
Metal Market = Non-existant
Metallers = Crazy Vikings, Jolly Germans, Hardened Festival Warriors, Beer-bellied Old Dudes Sporting Huge Beards And Skintight Ancient Metal Shirts

Graspop
Ticket = £75ish
Travel = £70
Expenses = £thirty% cheaper due to €
Beer = Cold and godly
Metal Market = OMFG (Dissection's Storm of the Light's Bane double vinyl, Samael vinyl boxset, Stream of Passion & Dead Can Dance DVDs for my gf - awesome)
Metallers = LOL Spooky Kids, 'Punk' Wankers, Hooligans Burning Stuff, Fat Old People Who Should Know Better Then Wearing What They Do

Summary
European Festivals :kickass: :headbang: :worship:
English Festivals :err: :zombie: :ill: :erk:

Sure you got the red the right way round? :)

yeah, couldn't make it there because I was on my way back of the Wacken festival... where Turisas played there best show up to date. PERIOD!