[GIG] Kerrang Week of Rock Intimate Gig

Lettuce

Twat
Mar 15, 2008
Landan
http://www2.kerrang.com/2008/07/k_week_of_rock_is_go.html

Kerrang! are putting on five days of gigs leading up to the K! Awards. Taking place from August 16-20, they will be hosted at the Barfly and ULU - with a killer bill being hooked up for both venues on every night of the week in the run-up to the Awards. As Turisas frontman Warlord Nygard says. "It's going to be packed, and it's going to be sweaty!"

August 20th
Turisas + Raven's Creed + Witchsorrow at Camden Barfly

You can buy tickets from Aloud.com - on sale from Friday, July 11 at 9am. They are priced at £15 in advance - except Avenged Sevenfold which is £20.
All shows at the ULU are open to those 16 years old and over - and ticket buyers are limited to four per person.
All shows at the Barfly are open to those 14 years old and over and you'll be limited to two tickets per person.

_____

Sounds like fun :D

I think the bar is the most appropriate place for me at the Barfly, last time I stood at the 'barrier' I had Jyrki69's crotch in my face for the best part of two hours:puke:
Tiny-ness of gig rules though, that and lack of having to walk for a pub afterwards:headbang:

:( I think I'm in France at that time :(.
Not that makes any difference, I really doubt I would of been allowed to go, my parents would of just been like "Oooh nooo! You've already seen them once this year, and you're seeing them again later this year, that's enough!" :lol:

Me & my wife are apartment hunting in Buckinghamshire on August, so I suppose this is almost obligatory addition to the schedule...
Anybody got a spare room anywhere near Chalfont St. Giles from August to the end of December, by the way?

Unfortunately I have no idea where you're on about, I do however have many spare rooms, none of which have ever been painted nor do they currently have heating, I don't even live in that poxy house yet and I've been waiting 3 years [/rant] Sorry....carry on =)

Yeah, that's true... you guys are fast :D

So.

Get your tickets early to avoid disappointment.... The Barfly is a small venue!

In the up and coming weeks you will also have a chance to win tickets from Kerrang.com – so make sure you keep your eyes peeled!

Excellent. Due to pre-planning (and remembering my keys/paperclips for lock picking) we can stay in central till the tubes start Mika :p

Hey dudes and dudettes,

Just heard that the tickets for this show are going fast. Go and get while you still can - even if you went for Witchsorrow, hah!:Smug:

Just ordered a ticket today! I didn't think the temporary move to London could get any more exciting! Can't wait!

-words cannot describe how awesome this show was! Unreal! I didn't think the entire band was going to fit on that small stage. Honestly it was like Turisas was playing in your living room, it was that tiny. Great set!

Great gig, but I could've done without the *ahem* "excited" guy behind me. Had a rather strange moment outside over a ciggie, when me and my two mates were talking about lesbians and suddenly a group of very familiar looking people walked past.... :lol:

"See I'm not really as right-wing as all that - I've got nothing against lesbians at all really. Quite appreciate them in the right situation, so no, I don't hate Polly at all you see!" (etc etc, he was off on one)

"Erm dude, that was Turisas."

"Fuck!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

bwahahah i know that feelign when talking about the wrong things at the wrong moments *laughing*

It was the right thing at the right moment, it was just wrong for thme to walk past!
It only happens to smokers y'know!

Vikingess, I've concluded we are weirdo's. You and Lesbians, me and fluffy bunnies *I promise to be more alert next time* god help us all........OR NOT!

On topicness, Gig was awesome, I have alot less hair which is normally a good sign, it was very hot and very sweaty, the lady dressed in fur behind me didn't help, although I avoided the problem V had :D
It was crappy they started to move everyone at so early, especially as it pissed it down *grumbles*

You say weirdos like it's a bad thing Mika :p

And yes, the ciggie breaks were rather odd. I went for one just before they came on, and a bunch of scene kids rolled up, tried to get into the gig despite not knowing who was playing, then kicked off about the entry price and ended up having a full-scale tantrum. Me and the girl on the door just looked at each other and burst out laughing the minute they'd gone :lol:

Oh and Hanu kept laughing at me for singing the verses and the choruses when everyone else was just singing the choruses :cool: