Gig!!

I shall endavour to go after missing bolton last year.

Im moving next door (almost) to a train station though in a few days, so theres more chance of me going, YAY! :D

got no way of getting to bolton, not sure if i'm working that day either, but even if i wasn't i've got work the day after

I have my A-levels this summer so I shall find out when they are and when they finish :D I doubt they'll be finished for the 19th though, they usually run into the last week of June; just depends which subjects you're sitting :D fingers crossed :D

TheFaceOfAllYourFears said:
I have to go. I miised the last one in Bolton and I don't think I can go much longer without a 54 gig. Why Bolton though. What's with that???
Area 54 arrived over an hour late to the last Alma Inn gig at Bolton. Then they proceeded to play an unbelievably blistering 45 minute set with the bare essentials of soundchecking while still managing to sound brilliant. Good atmosphere, less than an inch squared for any kind of headbanging, and about 9 and a half hours of travelling to get there and home again (and we thought we would be late, how wrong we were!) They promised to travel up a day in advance for the next gig, and give a full-length set.

So, I've checked my exam timetables and I don't think I have to worry (although I don't have to worry anyway, I'm a genius doing complete bum subjects :D ). Just book the afternoon off work and I'm good to go! About bloody time there was some fifty-four shaped action on the gigging front (though I hear the writing for album three is underway). Hooray!

So, anyone going I'll see you there, down the front of course!

My exams are all in May, so June is going to be the partaaay month.

3rd - Glasgow Download
4th-7th - Donnington
15th (I think) - Anthrax
19th - KsE/Chimaira/Shadows Fall/God Forbid
22nd - Exodus
23rd - Walls Of Jericho
26th & 27th - If I can find a place to stay, hopefully heading down to Leeds for Sweat Fest.

It sucks that 54 can't be in there too. Ah well, maybe I need the occasional day off and they'll come to Scotland in July :p

Good atmosphere, less than an inch squared for any kind of headbanging, and about 9 and a half hours of travelling to get there and home again

:headbang: 'less than an inch for any kind of headbanging' :headbang: Fuck Yeah man I was practically stood on lakis/laura's toes! One time my head actually hit the guitar head of Lakis' BC Rich o_O My man Hearty fell over and almost took the mic stand with him :headbang: Hoping to repeat last year, this year! Looking back makes me realise how great a day out it was :tickled: AND MY SIGNED 54 CYMBAL!!!:Smokin: :Spin: :worship:

AND I've finally got my smilies back! :D

yes but your mate harty topped him self last monday and was on stage performing (singing) under the robe with casey choas :headbang: then i went backstage had a beer with matt and then scott gave me a signed set list and a plec and casey written nice vocals paul :tickled: and i have had a few mentions on amen's forums :OMG:

SANDMAN10 said:
yes but your mate harty topped him self last monday and was on stage performing (singing) under the robe with casey choas :headbang: then i went backstage had a beer with matt and then scott gave me a signed set list and a plec and casey written nice vocals paul :tickled: and i have had a few mentions on amen's forums :OMG:

Awesome! :) They never played that song here :(

They played Piss Virus here, that's such an awesome song. Mayday definately had to be the highlight though. It's sad, I'd wanted to go up earlier and try and meet them but I had work until 5, then by the time I got into town. Going to get my photos developed in the next couple of days, they'll probably all be rubbish though :(

oo how i remember that Bolton gig...

fearing for my life, on the phone to the guys, tryin to guide em in... without really knowing where i was sending em... or them knowing where they actually where, to help me guide em in, while having a bunch of pissed of ppl who wanted to see em before their last train home... certainly was a good gig tho! - pitty i just read on the 54 site that its now been cancelled? :(

and that reminds me, some one gave me an addy and a some money to send em a Marshan CD, i think it was u slasher... pm me your addy and i'll send it off this weekend