GIGANTOUR REVIEW

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY

I hate wiener dogs. Dreadful creatures.
Mar 3, 2004
Tulsa, Ok
Got there at 3 and found our kick ass seats. Thank you Toby's dad. Anyway First up was Smash Up.

Smash Up= Punk/ hardcore old school style with a little Rise Against thrown in. Not bad.

Sanctity= Old school thrash , good stuff.

Into Eternity= Played Buried in Oblivion which kicked ass and a couple new ones. Good stuff.

OVERKILL!!!!= Randy Blythe of Lamb Of God and Mikeal of Opeth came out and did Old School it rocked. Sounded heavy and energetic. Opened with Necroshine, Rotten To The Core, Long TIme Dying, Elimination, Coma, Old School, Fuck YOu. Bobby Blitz sounded awesome. Oh yeah and Battle.

Arch Enemy= THe music and band GREAT, Angela or Mangela sucks donkey dick. I hate chicks in Death metal.

Opeth= Were amazing like Pink Floyd death metal. Songs I knew were Window Pane, Lepers Affinity, and Deliverence. A couple others i didnt know the names but they played amazingly.

Lamb Of God= Bobby Blitz came out and did " Now youve got something to die for" They played every song they had just about. They rocked pretty hard. Finished with Black Label.

MEGADETH!!!!= Black Mail The Universe, In My Darkest Hour, Wake Up Dead, Devils Island, Symphony of Destruction, Skin OF MY Teeth,Take No Prisoners, Hangar 18, Trust, Reckonging Day , Die Dead Enough, Kick The Chair , The Scoprion and thats just what we got to see. It got so cold we had to leave early. The Drover brothers Shawn ( drummer) and Glenn ( guitar) rocked hard. Dave slayed on all his leads. The new bass player guy from White Lion or whatever rocked hard and had alot of energy. Great show and a great concert. Right as we were leaving they were gonna play a new song but my gf couldnt stand the 39 degree cold anymore. I was fine with my Megadeth but she couldnt handle it anymore.

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY said:
OVERKILL!!!!= Randy Blythe of Lamb Of God and Mikeal of Opeth came out and did Old School it rocked. Sounded heavy and energetic. Opened with Necroshine, Rotten To The Core, Long TIme Dying, Elimination, Coma, Old School, Fuck YOu. Bobby Blitz sounded awesome. Oh yeah and Battle.
Now that's a kick ass setlist. Even though way too short...

Fangface said:
Now that's a kick ass setlist. Even though way too short...

Yes it was awesome and they sounded dead onand tight as hell, Linsk did the pre Long Time Dying Solo and it rocked as well. My buddies with me had never heard Overkill and kept going " Whast wrong with his voice?" HUH NOTHING!!!! THey thought they were okay. I was floored and told them they were stupid, this is what happens when you dont listen to anything before 1999 kids, learn your roots.

Here's my short review of Gigantour from 9/30 at PNC Arts Center in NJ.

Because of the threat of rain (I think) - it did not rain except for a couple drops beforehand - there was no 2nd stage. Everyone played under the roof, which meant that they crammed 8 bands on there, and shortened all setlists a tad. It was a little chilly later on in the night, but tolerable (50-55F).

Start time was 4:30pm.

We walked in a little later than expected, like 5:40ish. We missed the first 3 bands, one being Into Eternity. I was a little surprised they had played already, but they just lost a guitar player so no way would they have surpassed the other 2 times I saw them being down a member. The guy left the tour on 9/25 because of a girl he had met just before the tour. :zombie: According to the UMIE board, he told the band he was going to get his amp cleaned, then he jumped on a plane back to Regina, Sask.

As we approached the place, Overkill was on stage. Not sure but I think it was their first song Necroshine. When it ended though, they raged into Rotten to the Core which was easily their best song of the night. Not hard though when they play Old School :puke: , FU, and What's Your Problem!?! They played nothing from Taking Over, and oh yeah, Mike Portnoy came out and played Elimination with them, which was actually quite sick too. Overall, they were very impressive. It was the first time I've seen them since 4/1/1994,
shocked.gif
, when the band I was in actually opened for them.

I saw Arch Enemy, but I didn't think they were too interesting. They are talented musicians, but other than visually, Angela does nothing for me.

Opeth up next. I love this band, though I wish they did Godhead's Lament, which they've done at previous dates where they had full time. I would have taken that over another track just because I've never seen them play that one.
frown.gif
Set: Ghost of Perdition, The Leper Affinity, Windowpane, Deliverance. About 40 FLAWLESS minutes.

Lamb of God - I'll just say they are a sick live band, guitar players shred, not totally crazy about the singer yet, but the new album F'ing crushes. Probably played 50 - 60 minutes.

Megadeth was sick. They played about 80 minutes. Glen Drover shreds. He's as good as Friedman, I hate to tell everybody....

***in order***
BLACKMAIL THE UNIVERSE
SET THE WORLD AFIRE
WAKE UP DEAD
SKIN O’ MY TEETH
IN MY DARKEST HOUR
TAKE NO PRISONERS
DEVILS ISLAND
SYMPHONY OF DESTRUCTION
SHE WOLF
TRUST
HANGAR 18
KICK THE CHAIR
WASHINGTON IS NEXT!!
TORNADO OF SOULS
MECHANIX
PEACE SELLS
HOLY WARS

I'm pissed we are going to miss the show tomorrow here in Tampa. We are going to Talladega for the race this weekend. I can't believe Gigantour came through on the same weekend.:mad: Also, the Flower Kings are playing tomorrow as well. I wouldn't mind seeing them either.

Quick question. How is Megadeth fairing following Arch Enemy, Opeth, LOG? Those are three pretty brutal bands compared to MD. Are the crowds sticking around. I thought it was a bold move for Dave to book LOG to play before them. I love MD, but their music is pretty lite compared to the three bands going on before them.

I think thats why they are playing the older stuff. People are staying because they are really kicking ass. Devils Island and Tornado Of Souls are awesome live. Actually their whole set really kicks. I was so happy to see them it was ridiculous. They played She Wolf here and it was AWESOME!!!!