Girlie shirt

Fredy_Brown said:
And that point about stupid comments: If someone doesn´t share you statement, his comments are stupid? How narrow.

You're are entitled to have any opinion you want. I never defied you this privilege. What I am saying is that your comment that people who wear band shirts 'Have no taste' is a ridiculous, narrow, subjective, INSULTING and, therefore, stupid statement that you can't possibly back up with any evidence. Go on, i dare you to PROVE that I, or anybody else, has NO TASTE simply because they like to wear band shirts.
Your opinion should probably have been worded as something like..."I don't particularly like band shirts because *blah blah blah reasons*, therefore I do not wear them." This is your viewpoint. When you start generalising about other people and THEIR tastes, that can become insulting.

Fredy_Brown said:
I wear different clothes and I change my wardrobe once a 3 months.

Well good for you. Maybe you can AFFORD to buy a completely new range of clothes every three months, it must be nice for you. I don't change my wardrobe, I merely add to it.
I too wear different clothes, ranging from plain tshirts and football shirts to collared shirts (of different materials) and, yes, even designer clothes (SHOCK! :OMG: ). Most people I know do the same.

Fredy_Brown said:
The only differences are in images (that are pretty kitsch most time. All t-shirts look same, except the image, all longsleeves look same except the image etc, this is no variety.

I think you'll find that a lot of tshirts look the same, that's why they're all called tshirts. Oh, i know you can get some with round necks, some with V necks, some in day-glow colours and some even pre-torn...so your point is? I have about 15 different bands shirts. Do you know why? It's simply because they're comfy and I like the image, or phrase, or whatever, of the shirt...
Let me ask, seeing as all band shirts are the same, have you ever seen the Iron Maiden football shirts? How are they similar to the Metallica football shirt? (I have both and they are both very different designs, materials and images) How are either of these shirts similar to the Slayer baseball shirt? My point is that the variety is there if you look for it.
Oh, and of course the materials are fairly average...it's MERCHANDISE, not high fashion!!! There's no way that Naomi Campbell is going to be walking the catwalk in a Bodom shirt because it's 'chic', now is she.

So let's face it, people who like to wear band shirts do it because they want to, because they feel comfortable in those clothes, because they (and I know you may find this hard to believe) LIKE those clothes. Oh, one more reason that people buy band shirts: memories. They go to a concert and buy a souvenir band shirt to remember it by. I don't think fashion taste really comes into it that much, do you? Well, apart from choosing which design you like best.
You and your constantly changing repertoire *perhaps* shows that you are not really comfortable with yourself and, therefore shouldn't be making crass remarks about other people's tastes OR maybe it's simply because YOU like to wear completely different clothes at regular intervals... These are just two very different ways of looking at your lifestyle from the snippet of information that you've given me.
Buying a whole new wardrobe every three months would be considered by many to be very stupid but, as i've been trying to say, it's YOUR decision about what you wear. I'm not actually going to sit here and insult you and everyone who does the same as you, by generalising about people about whom I know nothing because that, to me, is just idiotic.

Fredy_Brown said:
metalheads often rant about music taste, but their other tastes are strongly limited.

I think that's true for the Kerrang! kids and their lifestyles which are dictated to them by Kerrang!, Metal Hammer and other trash magazines. However, for the majority of 'all-growed-up' metalheads then, yes, we have strongly defined musical tastes (I am a self-confessed musical bigot...I like what I like so why should I change? :headbang: ) and, particularly if we go to a concert we dress up in the uniform of denim, leather and band shirts...but isn't that just the same as people who go clubbing or go to watch orchestras?
Usually, from my experience with people i've met, metalheads, and people in general, tend to wear whatever they feel comfortable in...the majority of which have actually preferred wearing sports shirts to band shirts most of the time. Metalheads can be narrow-minded but hell, we're only human!

Like I said, your opinion is of no concern to me, it was merely the way you phrased it that annoyed me a little and believe me when i say that i'm not losing sleep over it.

Sorry if this is a rambling, bloated reply...it's getting late and i'm waiting for the Superbowl coverage to start....

Purge said:
What I am saying is that your comment that people who wear band shirts 'Have no taste' is a ridiculous, narrow, subjective, INSULTING and, therefore, stupid statement that you can't possibly back up with any evidence. Go on, i dare you to PROVE that I, or anybody else, has NO TASTE simply because they like to wear band shirts.
Your opinion should probably have been worded as something like..."I don't particularly like band shirts because *blah blah blah reasons*, therefore I do not wear them." This is your viewpoint. When you start generalising about other people and THEIR tastes, that can become insulting.
Well, it´s like if you would said that someone who listens to black metal only (even good bands) has good taste in music.

Purge said:
Well good for you. Maybe you can AFFORD to buy a completely new range of clothes every three months, it must be nice for you. I don't change my wardrobe, I merely add to it.
I too wear different clothes, ranging from plain tshirts and football shirts to collared shirts (of different materials) and, yes, even designer clothes (SHOCK! :OMG: ). Most people I know do the same.
I don´t chanhe it comletely, just more than a bit.
And good for you if you wear different clothes.

Purge said:
I think you'll find that a lot of tshirts look the same, that's why they're all called tshirts. Oh, i know you can get some with round necks, some with V necks, some in day-glow colours and some even pre-torn...so your point is? I have about 15 different bands shirts. Do you know why? It's simply because they're comfy and I like the image, or phrase, or whatever, of the shirt...
Let me ask, seeing as all band shirts are the same, have you ever seen the Iron Maiden football shirts? How are they similar to the Metallica football shirt? (I have both and they are both very different designs, materials and images) How are either of these shirts similar to the Slayer baseball shirt? My point is that the variety is there if you look for it.
And what about different cut? tabs? rips? wear down? etc...metal merch doesn´t have those elements, just cut + image, and cut is always the same, any excptions are: size, Male/Female and sleeve/sleeveles/hood.

Purge said:
So let's face it, people who like to wear band shirts do it because they want to, because they feel comfortable in those clothes, because they (and I know you may find this hard to believe) LIKE those clothes. Oh, one more reason that people buy band shirts: memories. They go to a concert and buy a souvenir band shirt to remember it by. I don't think fashion taste really comes into it that much, do you? Well, apart from choosing which design you like best.
No, this has nothing to do with fashion, even I wear some merch sometimes - when I go to the gig.

Purge said:
OR maybe it's simply because YOU like to wear completely different clothes at regular intervals...
That´s it.

Purge said:
Metalheads can be narrow-minded but hell, we're only human!
True and narrow-minded =/= bad person.

Fredy_Brown said:
No, this has nothing to do with fashion, even I wear some merch sometimes - when I go to the gig.

WARNING:You have just contradicted yourself!
:hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump:

Fredy_Brown said:
Yes, I don$B!-(Bt dress well everytime. But mostly...people that wear merch most don$B!-(Bt dress well most time.

shit I dress nice. It's just knowing how to put it together and pulling it off. Maybe it's easier being a girl

Fredy_Brown said:
Well, it´s like if you would said that someone who listens to black metal only (even good bands) has good taste in music.

So who said that they only wear band shirts? I didn't read that from anybody. Very few people wear only band shirts and, even if they do, that's no call to say that they have no taste. YOu disagree with their tastes, that's fine, but to say that they have no taste is a bit of an insult. Dress sense is surely based on more than just what shirt you happen to be wearing. Surely it's about the clothes that go with it too?
I believe you also implied homosexuality in people who wear band shirts with this statement:

Fredy_Brown said:
OMG how it is straight?

I'll just wait for you to clarify this though.

Fredy_Brown said:
Yes, I don´t dress well everytime. But mostly...people that wear merch most don´t dress well most time.

So if I wear a band shirt and a pair of trousers that go together and look good then i'm not dressed well simply because a part of my attire is merchandise?

Fredy_Brown said:
I don´t chanhe it comletely, just more than a bit.
And good for you if you wear different clothes.

The implication that came from your statement was that you changed it completely. And damn right, good for me that I wear different clothes...just like, i'm willing to wager, MOST people will wear different styles of clothing. But, seeing as we wear band shirts SOMETIMES, then we have no taste, right? Like it or not, that IS what you implied with your initial post..."people who wear band shirts have no taste".

Fredy_Brown said:
And what about different cut? tabs? rips? wear down? etc...metal merch doesn´t have those elements, just cut + image, and cut is always the same, any excptions are: size, Male/Female and sleeve/sleeveles/hood.

So are football shirts (particularly the 2 VERY DIFFERENT shirts i mentioned) the same cut as baseball shirts, hockey shirts, collared shirts or basketball shirts? I think not. How about colours...ok, yes, a lot of the shirts are black but there are also some really nice all-over-print shirts, white shirts, grey shirts, red shirts, blue shirts so therefore colour is still a factor. Oh, i also seem to remember Iron Maiden also had polo shirts...very nice, no huge designs, just "Iron Maiden: Virtual XI World Tour" on the left breast. But that's just the same as my Virtual XI all-over-print tshirt, I assume?
Also, the lack of variation in certain types of shirts that you claim is also a moot point. I have 3 long sleeves. Of these three 2 are very similar and are also quite similar to other long sleeves I have had. Howver, I have an Immortal long sleeve that is quite different, especially around the collar and cuff area. Like I said, the variation is there if you look for it.
Oh, and by the way, rips (as i'm no fashion guru i'm going to assume you mean literal rips in the clothing) you can do yourself. Why pay more for a pre-ripped shirt? If you want rips personalise your damn clothes yourself!

Fredy_Brown said:

HAAHAA! You have no taste! :loco: Sorry, but you mean you wear band shirts? Even though they are worn by us tasteless monkeys? That's hypocrisy.

Fredy_Brown said:
True and narrow-minded =/= bad person.

So you are a bad person in that you think that people who wear band shirts have no taste? Isn't that a narrow view? I mean, everything i've said to disprove the generalisation of your statement has been met with rebuke. So you are narrow-minded in that you think only a certain way and close-minded in that you are not open to suggestions or other viewpoints?
I'm not saying that everybody has good taste because they wear band shirts, i'm just trying to make you see that 'taste' is not affected by just one factor.

Girly shirts are fantastic! :) The only sad thing is that there mostly are only the band names on them and not the Cover art or something... :/ Still - when it comes to AYDY I preferr it being that way! :p