Giving up the guitar

vaiman

Nov 26, 2009
uk
After watching this tonight I've just about had enough of this damn guitar playing malarky

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-EjOroHY10&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-EjOroHY10&feature=related[/ame]

LOL I seriously thought that rusty cooley video had been sped up until he started speaking.

What makes your post even more depressing muckypup1 is that I have that guitar LOL
Never knew it could do that :cry:

Its gets better -

When I started playing guitar two years ago now, all I wanted to do was have the "speed" like Rusty or Loomis, but I got RSI after a few months of practise and messing around and had to stop playing for over a year.

Now I don't even bother thinking about it, I won't ever be able to shred, even If I wanted to put the hours of practise in, I couldn't :err::mad:o_O

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay to the first video, booo for Rustey Cooley: The Worlds least enjoyable guitarist.

I dont give a shit if anyone can shred or not (and for the record im NOT one of these bitter guitarists who says that they dont have to because they can't). The biggest mistakes I made were picking out the shredders when auditioning guitarists because if you cant write or even play songs/riffs/structured solos (which is why Vai wins over cooley) then, to be honest, I dont see the point in playing guitar in the first place. Everyone gets into music because they listen to songs at the end of the day and I get more out of solo-less bands with kickass songs than something like michael angelo or rusty cooley.

I know, but he is one of the best people for showing stupid amounts of technique :D

Meh, i dont know.. guess we have too many bad ass players over here in Sweden or something.

Matthias Eklundh started to play on left-handed guitars, because he was faster in his right hands fingers.. so yah, that guy is insane.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree about mattias technique, BUT, Rusty is the fastest guitarist ever!!!

And if a guy like that, was in a serious band...(i only like the warcry song)

That would be the end of shred

Yay to the first video, booo for Rustey Cooley: The Worlds least enjoyable guitarist.

This. Speaking as someone that's had the displeasure of working with him and speaking with him on a regular basis. He was actually much more enjoyable to listen to in the old days (early 90's)...but was still full of himself then too.

Am I the only one who thinks that Rusty Cooley kicks major ass?

I love his playing!!! :kickass:
His solo record and also the Outworld stuff are awesome.

This. Speaking as someone that's had the displeasure of working with him and speaking with him on a regular basis. He was actually much more enjoyable to listen to in the old days (early 90's)...but was still full of himself then too.

I've seen him at a show before, not a very nice guy I've heard.