giz a hand with my project pls

alright, strange somehow, though i guess there are quite a lot of german words which are used in the english, though of course not as much as we use english words here.

well blackeyed i guess it would be interesting to hear the view of a muslim. well here it goes...

i believe in jesus just like i believe in all the other prophets. but what i definitely oppose is the christian view which says that jesus was the son of God. i've read several books about how this idea appeared (e.g. misinterpreting of jesus' quotes, etc.)

i, like most of the islam world (most of whom are a disgrace to this wonderful belief and to humanity in general, too) believe that jesus is a prophet of God. thats all.

other than these, frankly speaking, i love jesus as a person and an idol, too. his philosophies like turning the other cheek and his peaceful manner are a great source of inspiration for me...if only everone were like him...

and i've recently finished reading catherine clément's "jesus' ashes". it wasnt that good. it was suggesting that jesus was an excellent yogi...thats how he managed to stay "dead" for some time...bla bla...long story. the last temptation of christ was better.

Don Corleone said:
well blackeyed i guess it would be interesting to hear the view of a muslim. well here it goes...

i believe in jesus just like i believe in all the other prophets. but what i definitely oppose is the christian view which says that jesus was the son of God. i've read several books about how this idea appeared (e.g. misinterpreting of jesus' quotes, etc.)

i, like most of the islam world (most of whom are a disgrace to this wonderful belief and to humanity in general, too) believe that jesus is a prophet of God. thats all.

other than these, frankly speaking, i love jesus as a person and an idol, too. his philosophies like turning the other cheek and his peaceful manner are a great source of inspiration for me...if only everone were like him...

and i've recently finished reading catherine clément's "jesus' ashes". it wasnt that good. it was suggesting that jesus was an excellent yogi...thats how he managed to stay "dead" for some time...bla bla...long story. the last temptation of christ was better.
Actually most of what is passed on as Jesus' ethic nowadays is inaccurate, like the example of turning the other cheek, I think that meant something markedly different in the culture of the time and had very little to do with ignoring agression towards you. Either way I read that the earliest accounts of jesus were written 50ish years after his death and have been distorted beyond belief over the ensuing millenia so Id take what he allegedly said with some major pinches of salt.

Jesus saves but satan INVESTS :ill:

@the don (hehe) thankyou alot for your views....infact cheers to everyone. ill let you all know how it goes and maybe stick some of my stuff up in a few weeks.....now if i can just drag myself away from this forum....

autumnsphere said:
Dali_ChristofStJohnoftheCross1951.JPG

Dali

that's amazing! o_O

umm Jesus:
maybe he was the guy that served me in the shop, the person who watched me walk the street or maybe 'she' was the one that dropped 5 pence. You see Jesus could be anyone, anything even...you should step out of your frontdoor walk down the street and notice everything. Its good to look in books and see pictures of this person, but alas they are only other people interpretations, personally the person who served me in the shop, or watched me in the street or dropped a coin is more likely to look like Jesus than any picture I see.

Underneath said:
umm Jesus:
maybe he was the guy that served me in the shop, the person who watched me walk the street or maybe 'she' was the one that dropped 5 pence. You see Jesus could be anyone, anything even...you should step out of your frontdoor walk down the street and notice everything. Its good to look in books and see pictures of this person, but alas they are only other people interpretations, personally the person who served me in the shop, or watched me in the street or dropped a coin is more likely to look like Jesus than any picture I see.
yeah this is the way i was trying to curb the discussion, its an avenue im exploring in the project. its the personality traits of this jesus figure that holds his significance as either a saviour or a prophet not what colour his hair was or if he had dirty finger nails. i can see how it is important for believers to know what there christ looked like, but that i think has links to the strength of their faith. physical confirmation seems to say more than belief - sad but true, and we all fall prey to it. none of us can escape a desire for something we can see, touch experience when we live in a world where thats what we do all the time. i guess its hard to blieve there is something behind the wall when no matter how hard you try you just cant ger passed it.

Its a problem with life, everything is materialistic. Like you said people vow to see what Jesus looks like, they only rely on the bible to know what his personality was like, its a good thing that some people care more about personality than a physical appearence. Its would be better for us to give Jesus his personality and most have (being a savior, miracle worker etc) but there is far more to it than being a pure Virtuous soul. I bet he was like you or me...maybe he liked to tell jokes or play cards (or whatever people back then did for fun).
What personality stamp would you put on Jesus?

Isn't it materialistic in itself to want to apply all these attributes, that really are basic humanism, which should be able to stand for itself, to some historical figure, which has probably been distorted beyond recognition anyways.

The kingdom of God is among you and that. Don't really see any use in all the God rhetoric stuff though. Happiness/love, whatever, choose your stereotype, they've all been cheesed out anyways, is among you.

My old teacher in "religions" was on about sth he called Existence Theology (dunno what exactly it's called in English) very sensible stuff really, except they wouldn't let go of this vague concept called God.

autumnsphere said:
this is the first thing i connect with jesus. and it's great!

B0000062Y2.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Same here! It's how I see them too. I think it was probably pretty accurate. They were the politically/socially radical hippies of their day. Seriously committed hippies, it was serious business then.
Don't you find it strange that these people have NO IDEA what has happened since they lived and don't know about how their names changed the world more than anything else in the history of mankind? What would they think if they knew?

Underneath said:
What personality stamp would you put on Jesus?
take a look at this this is what i was looking at today and thinking about what he would have been like if/when he was alive - maybe he was a bit of a joker, witty, a little sarcastic perhaps?! i mean i can see it - turning water into wine, maybe he had a few sarcastic things to say to those who doubted him....i dont know, i just think he would have had a personality to match his power.

Hehe, thats a exactly what i was thinking. Its a great picture which probably tells us alot more about him than writing. Its refreshing to see another person's honest view of Jesus. I also like whats written on his hand.

Underneath said:
I also like whats written on his hand.
:lol: yeah the artist Eddie Breen's little stamp. he founded 'Piggyback Art' which is basically taking someone elses shit painting and smeering yourself (humour, style, preferences) all over it. i really like his style. he usually write '+eddie' where the original artist's signature is :lol: - funny guy