giz a hand with my project pls

:( please dont let this thread descend into spam :( need more people and more ideas.
i dont think youre stupid sol, im sure that not what was literally meant! i liked your thoughts, they have given me a good idea ;)

when I was child I liked the bible stories, never believed in religions but I loved all kind of mythologies, and there are also some nice stories in the bible... So I see Jesus as a kind of hero of a mythology, it can be that there was someone who was really helping people, who was a big healer etc... people just made out of him this ideal image of Jesus, Gods son and through the ages it became this legend... thats what I think about it :)

right ...

I dont think I could imagine Jesus buyin g bog roll in the local Alldays It jus doesnt fit maybe because I have been brought up to believe that Jesus as in the man who lived and died and preached etc. was the son of god. There's a whole sense of divinity surrounding him like he was more than just a man he was put on earth for a better purpose than to jus be normal.. if you know what I mean.

Although one of the best things I was taught was when Jesus was worried and he cried out for help on the cross showing that despite he was supposed to be a miracle worker that he was scared like anyone else would have been. I think thats the best image of Jesus I can come up with .. the one were he is truly human showing how fragile he truly was not made out to be anything more than a scared pained worried frustrated humiliated man feeling abandoned calling out for someone to help him knowing that no one could.

So based on this if I was to walk past Jesus he would work in a car factory be of average height and build drive a mondeo live in a semi detatched house look after his mother have a wife and kid enjoy football and would be one of those people that in a bad situation even if u didnt know him would try to help you even if it would be jus to smile. Probably into pink floyd..

This may be of absolutely no help whatsoever but I like to think that jesus was average. because take away all the praise and exaggeration and at the day he was a man he breathed he walked he talked he shit whatever and then he died basically what we all do.

Now that's a tough one blackeyed, especially if you do not believe in all that has been said in the bible or certain religions and that. As bleed black orchid mentioned above, it's hard to imagine a plain jesus figure, like one buying sth in a shop or sth. The reason for this might be the fantastic (fantastic like in fantasy) description of Jesus in the bible, by the church, movies and what you got taught in school or wherever. So you always have the image of this certain man being the saviour, who sacrificed himself for the good of mankind and that, helping those who need help. I think the picture most people have in mind when people talk about Jesus, whether they belive in God and christ or not.

sorry if this is not a help to you!

It's hard for me to imagine Jesus as a modern, average man. I think it has to do with the images I was inundated with as a good little Catholic girl in my Sunday catechism classes. One time in Bible Camp (hee hee :loco: ) when I was about eight, one art project I had to do was to paint a picture frame and put a picture of Jesus on it. Then I had to glue a sign at the bottom that said "My Friend". So I think I associate Jesus with scrawled crayon drawings, cheesy camp sing alongs, Christmas nativity pageants, and the happy illustrations in my Sunday school books. Jesus reminds me of being an innocent little kid; the years before I questioned the world I was born into.

It's like this:

Me at 9: Jesus! :worship:
Me at 13: Morbid Angel :headbang:

Though my grandma has a great belief and wanted my sister and me to follow in her footsteps as well, I never was a believer or had the right idea if he existed or not. I simply could not find an answer for this as I started to think about it. (my sister is another story, but she didn't start it for grandma, but for that she was interested in it and after found friends there and feels so good, and I'm glad to see it, I find it good that this brings people together)
I still don't know if he existed or not, but it doesn't interest me that much after, not to mention in my opinion this is the way it should be. If ppl could proove he existed, that would hardly change the world and cause dramatic efects in some ways, but the opposite would have the same effect as well. Still I can think of that he existed, but I can't imagine him as son of god or someone who can do special things, but someone who just tried to make connections and be nice to ppl in those dark days... Someone who helps ppl with being nice to them, like he always smiles on pictures and looks calm as well; and help them solve their problems by giving them the chance to tell these to him. (er, with a strong resemblance he was like some psychologist, but in the very positive way)

and to say that, I never had and still don't have any problem with religion or with the whole thing around Jesus, only with this money-oriented 'institute' it grew into... but this was the very thing he didn't have the ability to foresee, so think if he existed or exists, he sometimes wishes to be blind not to be able to see this...
but I don't know, I'm not him <- :err:

no one has mentioned duncan yet in this thread :) eh should i really?
well man with beard are easily seen as jesus perhaps. there was a guy in my school when i was a kid and we called him jesus as well, just because of the beard. or the religion teacher, because he had a mullet. oh well. this might be spam.

when i was young and religious i learned that jesus 'is in all of us' 'and in all of our hearts'. so if i really should see jesus in this world, i see him in all the good deeds of people, in all forgiveness and patience. :) :saint:

what i hate to see as jesus, are those über religious persons who have that kind of christian light in their eyes, smiling at everyone and believing in the grace of them all. beard or not, sandals or not, becoming a priest or not, they're nothing else than we are. and as all has something good :) :saint: in them, i believe this world is full of jesus's

iik, that angel smiley just winked at me!

siderea said:
what i hate to see as jesus, are those über religious persons who have that kind of christian light in their eyes...
Amen.;)

Ah, btw, is using this "über" like a trend in england or sth? Just cause i saw it several times here on this board!

theres a book called the mission where jesus shows up dead and is resurrected in new york in the eighties, he arrives outside this lawyers ( the guy who found his body) house. When the guy opens the door, jesus is standing there smiling and says "nice car man". this is the best image in of jeezus ever.

Bambi said:
theres a book called the mission where jesus shows up dead and is resurrected in new york in the eighties, he arrives outside this lawyers ( the guy who found his body) house. When the guy opens the door, jesus is standing there smiling and says "nice car man". this is the best image in of jeezus ever.

nice one, i really like it!

All this talk about how jesus would be like in our times reminded me of this british four-episode tv show called The Second Coming in which Christopher Eccleston claims to be reincarnation of Jesus and how the world in 2003 reacts to that.

[if you're planning to see it, then don't read further cause I somewhat spoil the events]

I thought the screenwriters showed quite some thinking especially towards the end when the deadline of the third testament -boy that sounds funny :lol: - closes in (Eccleston has seen the world ending if the humankind doesn't come up with it) . In the end it is implied, if not force fed, that humankind is better of without god and religion and that actually is the third testament. No jesus, no god, no religion.

aah, good stuff.

which of course has nothing to do with the original topic. :)

Morpheus said:
Amen.;)

Ah, btw, is using this "über" like a trend in england or sth? Just cause i saw it several times here on this board!
:lol: - um yeah me and bleedblackorchid tend to use it alot lol

@sidera thankyou loads for that post above - helped alot, and to morpheus too, a different pov always develops work :D