Glad to be alive (off topic!)

Pabla

The Devil Wears Maiden
Apr 18, 2004
LA
I am glad to be alive and I know that I want to live my life...

Why am I thinking this? Well, I almost did not live to see my 26th birthday today... just about 20 minutes ago actually. What happened? A truck almost killed me on the road... on a freeway going on a steep downhill @ 60mph, this truck changed into my lane almost right on me! I had to decelarate from 60mph to 40mph in a matter of a second... now this may not seem like much... but it is quite difficult to decelarate all that much at once on a downhill.

I kept honking my horn and just kept that foot on the break... the asshole saw me but still did not even try to avoid me... he had nobody behind him so he could have stayed in his lane... I of course had somebody behind me... luckily that person was not too close and was able to switch lanes. I barely missed him... if I would have reacted a second later I probably wouldn't be writting this right now.

Sorry... I had to get it off my chest (still shaken up and angry as hell... if I had the chance to beat up that guy I would do him in good! :yell: )

Whoah! Glad to hear you're ok...I work as a sales rep for an oil company and call on a lot of trucking companies...Now, I will say that there are a LOT of good truck drivers out there that are great people and get a bad rep from jokers like you ran into, but you would be AMAZED to know how many of these drivers are doped up so much of the time while driving....and also underslept, and just plain whack jobs. Trucking companies are always hiring because drivers get arrested for drugs, DUI and even prostitution! Indiana (where I cover) has had sooooooo many drivers convicted for meth and oxycotin it's ridiculous. Scary!

Here's a cold one for ya and a Praise the Lord!
Ted

Well, as you need to post this must be a very near-death experience...I spend 1,5 to 2 houres a day in the car most of the time and there are lots of assholes around on the road here too, not only truck drivers... I understand truck drivers have a very stressing job (certainly round here with lots of traffic jams), but some just take advantage of the size of their truck and act stupid. On the other hand, I think there are more car-drivers that act stupid than truckdrivers.. I've had that angry feeling you have already a few times (I've been pretty close to heavy accidents a few times too). Now if I see some stupid driver I try to ignore it, hey I'm gettin older, need to take care of that heart !
Glad you got out unhurt and without an actual accident. Makes you wonder anyway how short live can be and how you need to live your live to enjoy it at most !!

Shit Pabla it seems some Costa Rican trucker is driving there.

I'm glad you're alive and kicking, please take care out there we need you a lot ;)

Definitivamente esto no sería lo mismo sin vos :wave:

Thanks for the caring words and understanding guys! :wave:

Ted... I hear ya! I have nothing against truck drivers, most of the time they even aid in blocking assholes who are tailgating people and cutting people off...

I also understand the conditions in which sometimes they have to drive (little sleep, long hours etc) I just came across a very bad one... and I also happen to drive on one of the most dangerous freeways in Southern California... plenty of downhills and huge curves.

:D Igor... Eddie and also God... trust me, I am not religious and I don't ever pray... but after that I was DEFO praying and saying my thanks!

Carnut, I can totally relate! I am on the road an average of 3+ hrs a day, when traffic is horrid more like 4 :erk: so I see all kinds of assholes and also people not paying attention! It is really frustrating as this involves other people's lives... driving is a priviledge not an earned right! And I drive in California/LA, some of the worst traffic you've ever seen :yell:

I could bitch about driving, traffic and the way other people drive for hours so I better stop! :tickled:

Hey Wyvern... you giving all Costa Rican drivers a bad name? :p

Glad your all right! I've had a few of those in my lifetime. Always makes you realize how quick something can happen. Anybody's life can be changed or ended in a split second. Be careful out on those roads!

glad to see you at home! Hoping your Friday nite commute is better! Thanks for the call this a.m. but no matter how I tried to go around the traffic....it took me 1 1/2 hrs to get to work.... :erk:

Man, that sucks! I'm glad you're ok, and happy birthday too!!

I've had similar situations happen to me while riding motorcycles. It's damn scary!!

Cheers!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Pabla said:
Thanks for the caring words and understanding guys! :wave:

Ted... I hear ya! I have nothing against truck drivers, most of the time they even aid in blocking assholes who are tailgating people and cutting people off...

I also understand the conditions in which sometimes they have to drive (little sleep, long hours etc) I just came across a very bad one... and I also happen to drive on one of the most dangerous freeways in Southern California... plenty of downhills and huge curves.

:D Igor... Eddie and also God... trust me, I am not religious and I don't ever pray... but after that I was DEFO praying and saying my thanks!

Carnut, I can totally relate! I am on the road an average of 3+ hrs a day, when traffic is horrid more like 4 :erk: so I see all kinds of assholes and also people not paying attention! It is really frustrating as this involves other people's lives... driving is a priviledge not an earned right! And I drive in California/LA, some of the worst traffic you've ever seen :yell:

I could bitch about driving, traffic and the way other people drive for hours so I better stop! :tickled:

Hey Wyvern... you giving all Costa Rican drivers a bad name? :p

He means Nica's.. not Tico's lol .... glad your sexy self is ok Pabla... muahz...

Clammy said:
Man, that sucks! I'm glad you're ok, and happy birthday too!!

I've had similar situations happen to me while riding motorcycles. It's damn scary!!

Cheers!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Thanks, it's not until April 16th though... but I will celebrate it catching Dark Tranquillity @ the Key Club :headbang:

:erk: reminds me I am getting older too... ah well, I will enjoy my life no matter what... older and whatnot :tickled:

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
He means Nica's.. not Tico's lol .... glad your sexy self is ok Pabla... muahz...

:D good Bon Jovi reference