Glenn-Venue for next year?

Valkyrie

Jun 9, 2002
Apopka, FL
I realize PP3.0 isn't past us yet, but I wonder, given the interest and growth of the festival if you've considered venue possibilities for PP4.0? Mainly, I wonder if it may move to a different city or state? I'll don't care where I have to travel...I'll be there!! :cool:

Val-

On a side note from a previous entry: I think having Evergrey there every other year is a brilliant idea!! I would travel JUST to see them! :p

It is no secret that I want to remain in Atlanta as it just makes everything easier on me from a logistical standpoint. I would like to move up to a 2,500- 3,000. Otherwise, I move to another city with a major international airport and decent public transportation.

Despite having a target venue to pursue already, I will not begin serious negotiations/research until Decemeber.

Glenn H

i have to agree with Valkyrie about the Evergrey subject.
I could not make it to last years event....but next year would be a great time.....even if it is at another venue, and in a different state

What about Symphony X people? They were basically original headliners at the very first PP show, and again with the second one...although Kamelot rivaled them BIG time. Evergrey is cool, but no mention of Symf X? Come on now. :)

Originally posted by Harvester
It is no secret that I want to remain in Atlanta as it just makes everything easier on me from a logistical standpoint. I would like to move up to a 2,500- 3,000. Otherwise, I move to another city with a major international airport and decent public transportation.

Despite having a target venue to pursue already, I will not begin serious negotiations/research until Decemeber.

Glenn H

You better SERIOUSLY consider bringing the fest up to the NYC area, what with NYC being such a GINORMOUS hub of activity for anything

-Ben

How about letting the poor guy get through this one before worrying about where next year will be. Nothing like a post about a venue for next year just days before this years festival!

Since Glenn lives in the Atlanta area, I'm sure he'll keep it there for awhile. At least as long as the shows are so small. Maybe when it is selling out a 30,000 seat arena then he might bring the festival on the road.

How about the Classic Center in Athens, Georgia. It is an hour outside of atlanta, it is about a 5,000 seat venue with tons of vendor space. Great public transportation and hotels with in a 5 mile radius, bars on every corner, and strip clubs!

I so do not want PP to go to the northeastern US. ONe of the things that is great about PP is its just about the ONLY thing that comes this far south. We have to drive ungodly distances to see just about any metal band that is even FROM the US, so it almost makes it feel like theres a wee bit of justice in the world that we get ProgPower...of course I'm biased, but so is everyone! Argh! Atlanta is where it must remain!

-Eric