GMD Poll: Top 10 Metal Albums of 1992

lmao i meant tommy but yes it also applies to that

edit: you deleted your post probably cause you realised this lol

lunk is an amazing word tbh
I deleted it because the forum is a cunt and told me I posted two, when I only really posted one. This is true, and I say it's an awful shame, not quite as visceral as, say, "limey", but nonetheless a perfectly good Anglo-disparaging slur gone from the public conscience. Lunk is a great word, indeed.

lol, what the fuck is a tommy?
000SNC_Stephen_Graham_004.jpg

I have an idea for this game. Have the person (or persons) who rated each album highest in the top 10 submit a song from the album for people to listen to. So that way a ~10 song playlist is made to accompany the results. Would be nice to actually hear the results and not just list them, and some of the albums not everyone has heard before.

okay so let's trial this here?

@Burkhard - psychotic waltz
@TechnicalBarbarity and @Bloopy - megadeth
@Talos of Atmora and @Burkhard - solitude aeturnus
@Krow and @zerostatic - incantation
@Baroque - dream theater
@Elric of Melniboné and @RadicalThrasher - demolition hammer
@Atomic Tide - bolt thrower
@Phylactery @crimsonfloyd @no country for old wainds and @Mort Divine - at the gates
@Vilden - darkthrone
@-CyanideChrist- @zerostatic @Master_Yoda77 - demigod

i guess just post your favourite song from these albums in this thread, and in cases where there's more than one person feel free to have a discussion about it, otherwise i'll just take whoever picks one first. i'm happy to make the playlist unless someone else wants to.

i think for at the gates it should be 'through gardens of grief' or 'within' personally. i'm a huge sucker for 'kingdom gone' myself but the others are more definitive i think. they also were top 2 in the song survivor i conducted a few years back.

Oh man how to choose. It's between Take the Time, Metropolis Pt. 1, Under a Glass Moon, Learning to Live, Pull me Under... shit.

Guess I'll go with Metropolis Pt. 1 because it's the song that really sold me on Dream Theater in the beginning. It might not be a favorite to others though?

okay so let's trial this here?

@Burkhard - psychotic waltz
@TechnicalBarbarity and @Bloopy - megadeth
@Talos of Atmora and @Burkhard - solitude aeturnus
@Krow and @zerostatic - incantation
@Baroque - dream theater
@Elric of Melniboné and @RadicalThrasher - demolition hammer
@Atomic Tide - bolt thrower
@Phylactery @crimsonfloyd @no country for old wainds and @Mort Divine - at the gates
@Vilden - darkthrone
@-CyanideChrist- @zerostatic @Master_Yoda77 - demigod

i guess just post your favourite song from these albums in this thread, and in cases where there's more than one person feel free to have a discussion about it, otherwise i'll just take whoever picks one first. i'm happy to make the playlist unless someone else wants to.

i'm on board with through gardens of grief

i mean kingdom gone is probably the most well known track from it, but yeah through gardens of grief is my choice