GMD Poll: Top Ten Albums of 2001

10. Ozzy Osbourne - Down to Earth

I wanted to list this album, I really did, because I'm such a fan of Ozzy's other work. But on a relisten I just can't get past the chug chug repeat riffs by Wylde, it's just awful compared to the masterpieces Randy used to write. Also not Ozzy's most inspired lyrics ever, though they're still alright

Updated list with rankings

1. Maudlin of the Well – Leaving your Body Map
2. Maudlin of the Well - Bath
3. Sigh – Imaginery Sonicscape
4. Dornenreich - Her von welken nachten
5. Nagelfar – Virus West
6. Enslaved – Monumension
7. Opeth – Blackwater Park
8. Neurosis – A sun that Never Sets
9. Green Carnation – Light of Day, Day of Darkness
10. Diabolical Masquerade – Death’s Design

HM:
Evoken - Quietus
My Dying Bride - Dreadful hours
Grand Beliel’s Key - Judeobeast assassination
Silencer - Death pierce me
Wyrd – Heathen
Summoning – Let Mortal Heroes sing your Fame

Great year--first three are in my top ten of all time

Well I did rank it 4th when we did their discography, and I am the poster who loves Reload. I thought you were on my page somewhat. :tickled: Dread and the Fugitive Mind and When are somewhere at the back of my top 10 favourite Megadeth songs. I like 1000 Times Goodbye ironically, cracks me up every time.

I am but that wouldn't be my #1 for this year. I like half the songs on that album roughly.

1. Summoning - Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame
2. Deteriorot - In Ancient Beliefs
3. Absu - Tara
4. Grand Belial's Key - Judeobeast Assassination
5. Morrigan - Plague, Waste and Death
o.png

Reactions: dwellerINTHEdark
Talos' taste his first few months was basically regular thrash stuff like Testament and Overkill iirc. Aside from maybe Cowboys I don't think I've ever given exuberant praise to Pantera (around 2010 was the first year I even liked that album), so if Talos did that was probably before he started to copy me.