GMD Poll: Top Ten Albums of 2014

Didn't expect to see it on my list either. But everytime Kyo's voice slips into his distinctive falsetto, I get shivers down my spine.

Reactions: CiG
I've never heard the album, I'll have to make a note to check it out at some point. I used to be into them big-time in my teens.

So the 'picks unranked will all get split rankings' does not matter if I have some ranked? Load of shit but okay I'll just unrank all of them. I swear that no country was able to figure out the scoring in this scenario before but I guess I'll consider the source and augment my rankings accordingly.

No, I think he meant he was just going to count them as ordered when they shouldn’t be.

Yours should go 10, 9 and then all your unranked picks get 4.5 points each.

1. Panopticon- Roads to the North
2. Volahn- Aq’ab’al
3. Arizmenda- Stillbirth in the Temple of Venus
4. Saor- Aura
5. Incantation- Dirges of Elysium
6. Ne Obliviscaris- The Citadel
7. Satanic Warmaster- Fimbulwinter
8. Judas Priest- Redeemer of Souls
9. Falconer- Black Moon Rising
10. Spectral Lore- III

Honorable Mentions:
Abysmal Dawn- Obsolescence
At the Gates- At War With Reality
Blut Aus Nord- Memoria Vetusta III: Saturian Poetry
Furia- Nocel
Laster- De Verste Verte is hier
Sargiest- Feeding the Crawling Shadows
Woman is the Earth- Depths

Shit I still need to listen to more to develop an opinion on:
Artificial Brain- Labyrinth Constellation
Autopsy- Tourniquets, Hacksaws and Graves
Darkspace- Darkspace III I
Dead Congregation- Promulgation of the Fall
Galneryus- Vetelgyus
Hail Spirit Noir- Oi Magoi
Sargiest- Feeding the Crawling Shadows
Skaphe- Skaphe
Sorcier des glaces- Ritual of the End

Reactions: dwellerINTHEdark
Which is what I would expect if the person conducting this poll thread actually understood how the scoring worked from the previous poll threads.
the irony in you talking about how the scoring works when you yourself evidently had no clue how it worked the last time you mentioned it, didnt know what thread you were in or who ran which of these threads or how the rules worked, but yet here you are again babbling your nonsense. You need to me to quote your confusion again? And im going to do it the way i said im going to do it, order them or not. Nothing in the rules says i need to cater to your fat ass and the way you think the votes should be counted. If you dont like it you can fuck off and not have your list counted.

I have participated in these since they started and there have been years where I have not submitted 10 albums and no country counted my list and augmented the scoring accordingly. You need to pay more attention to these threads if you're going to take over scoring.
That's not according to how CF does his scoring unless that is done differently.

I thought it would be something like you have 5 choices and first place gets 10, second gets 8, etc

CF has never done one of these Top Ten polls though. Rules haven't changed.

CF must score differently then. I thought the scoring was the same

Says the neanderthal who ...
A) doesnt even know who ran this game or what thread he's even in.

And B) cant even fucking read...

Still some notable albums from this year I didn't get to, like this year's Slough Feg, but I want to be sure I get my list in before I miss the deadline.

1. Morbus Chron - Sweven
2. Dir en Grey - Arche
3. Innsmouth - Consumed by Elder Sign
4. Black Magic - Wizard's Spell
5. Svolder - Desecration of the Five Holy Pillars
6. Portrait - Crossroads
7. Galneryus - Vetelgyus
8. Dark Forest - The Awakening
9. Darkenhöld - Castellum
10. Demon Bitch - Death Is Hanging

Song of the year:

lol i was gonna probably honourable mention portrait so i could draw attention to that song being great, but you did it for me. i’ll do a list later, probably my lowest effort list so far but oh well.

the irony in you talking about how the scoring works when you yourself evidently had no clue how it worked the last time you mentioned it, didnt know what thread you were in or who ran which of these threads or how the rules worked, but yet here you are again babbling your nonsense. You need to me to quote your confusion again? And im going to do it the way i said im going to do it, order them or not. Nothing in the rules says i need to cater to your fat ass and the way you think the votes should be counted. If you dont like it you can fuck off and not have your list counted.

Triggered

Top Ten
  1. Isole - The Calm Hunter
  2. Thantifaxath - Sacred White Noise
  3. Nightbringer - Ego Dominus Tuus
  4. Triptykon - Melana Chasmata
  5. Hail Spirit Noir - Oi Magoi
  6. Satanic Warmaster - Fimbulwinter
  7. Accept - Blind Rage
  8. Behemoth - The Satanist
  9. Lethian Dreams - Red Silence Lodge
  10. Apostle of Solitude - Of Woe and Wound

Honourable Mention
  • Primordial - Where Greater Men Have Fallen
  • Capilla Ardiente - Bravery, Truth and the Endless Darkness
  • Saor - Aura
  • Dead Congregation - Promulgation of the Fall
  • Riot - Unleash the Fire
  • Winterfylleth - The Divination of Antiquity
  • Blut Aus Nord - Memoria Vetusta III : Saturnian Poetry
  • Exmortus - Slave to the Sword
  • DOOM:VS - Earthless
  • Amberian Dawn - Magic Forest
  • Atriarch - An Undending Pathway
  • Kauan - Muistumia

Last edited:
Reactions: dwellerINTHEdark
Are those in order?

I'm starting a a new rule with the next thread. If you guys dont rank your lists then they wont be counted at all. Having nearly a month to put together a list and figure out ranking should be more than enough time.

Are you accepting unranked for this one still? I can’t post an ordered list but I can post around 10 albums I enjoyed from this year.
yes i am, i'm not changing any rule that was in place when we started this thread.

But next time try to rank them, you've had 4 years and even a whole month since we started this thread to do so.

Reactions: Phylactery
It is now.
tenor.gif

At first, I thought about skipping this round, but after seeing some people nominating Kenn Nardi and Mekong Delta and after eventually finding a fifth album (Exmortus) to include in my list, I changed my mind:

1. Kenn Nardi - Dancing With the Past
2. Avatarium - All I Want
3. Mekong Delta - In a Mirror Darkly
4. Exmortus - Slave to the Sword
5. Savn - Savn

Even though I put Kenn Nardi at no. 1, I have to say that I would have prefered three separate albums to this overlong double album.

As regards Exmortus, I would rank them higher, if the vocals were less monotonous.