GMD Poll: Top Ten Albums of 2018

4. Sacral Rage - Beyond Celestial Echoes
Imagine if King Diamond formed a band based on a love for science fiction instead of supernatural horror. Reductionist, but it does sum this album up pretty well.

I really liked this when the first songs were released but when the whole album came out I'm not sure it lived up to the singles.

Went with shit I physically own, so some killer shit has definitely been omitted...

1) Voivod - The Wake
2) Spectral Wound - Infernal Decadence
3) Visigoth - Conqueror's Oath
4) Vargrav - Netherstorm
5) Judas Priest - Firepower
6) Skeletal Remains - Devouring Mortality
7) Panphage - Jord
8) Buried Invocation - Abiogenesis
9) Hoth - Astral Necromancy
10) Necrophobic - Mark of the Necrogram

My list is gonna be filled with black metal I feel. Some death metal I need to revisit like the Tomb Mold (surprised it isn't on your list CIG actually). Although I wasn't huge on it when a few people here were raving about it.

The new Tomb Mold for me is a 8/10 album. Monstrous, filthy, but a step down from the debut I feel.

I really liked this when the first songs were released but when the whole album came out I'm not sure it lived up to the singles.

I was the opposite.

Oh ok pick on Dead Kelly then. I'm not their biggest fan but not many people seem to like understand them so it shouldn't offend anyone and I'll pretend to be outraged.

the communion albums are both technically 2017 as well, not sure if it was possible to hear them in 2017 tho

Okay, so I talked with Hells Headbangers regarding the Communion releases. The official release date is actually January 26th, 2018. They said that they sometimes make copies available early and ship them out, but it won't be on Bandcamp properly until the actual release date.

I guess that they're actually 2018 releases. Fucking bizarre since I already have mine. :lol:

The kanagroo died last week, he had something like a 1.5 mill followers
They aren't the best band in the world but everything they do has an aussie feel and everything they do they release for nothing on the net.

Reactions: CiG
Most Aussie metal heads I know like them or at least give them kudos for what they are doing but like most things ocker people overseas don't get it. The guitarist recently lost his index finger in a workplace accident but it hasn't stopped the band recording, he's got himself an 8 string and he's plugging away at home for the new album which I think they want to release on Aust Day (like always) 2019. Their cover from earlier this year of Sounds Of Them is really cool if you know the original

Reactions: CiG
Beyond Creation, Obscura, Cryptopsy, Exmortus, Teleport, Hatchet, Voivod, Aborted, Tomb Mold, Gorod, Black Fast, Augury, Cist, Alkaloid, Satan, Deceased, Monstrosity, Horrendous, Hate Eternal, Psycroptic, Gama Bomb.

Will have to narrow it down from those.

Still need to check out the new Obliteration and that Black Viper album sounds interesting