Voivod - The Wake
Blood Tsunami - Grave Condition
Gama Bomb - Speed Between the Lines
Judas Priest - Firepower
Angelus Apatrida - Cabaret de la Guillotine
Amorphia - Arms to Death
Hatchet - Dying to Exist
Tantara - Sum of Forces

Did you check out the new Ancestors? It's pretty great, barely metal a lot of the time though.

Reactions: Baroque
Mooncitadel, Vargrav, Communion (At the Announcement), Panphage and Satan are probably my favourites from this year and will be towards the top of my list. I’ve been revisiting some other stuff and there’s other things I want to listen to. Will probably post my list in a few days.

I really like Panoptic Horror musically and the covert art is amazing, but the vocals don’t sit right with me. Too shouty. Perhaps they’ll grow on me.

The Nachash is good too, but a step down from the EP imo.

I’ve listened to it once, it’s one of the things I need to spend more time with. I’m not huge on albums that are just one massive track, though. Don’t think it’s gonna live up to North, but I’ll give it a few more listens. Have you heard it?

i've put it on once and its pretty good

not so into the one 50 minute song aspect of it, but it is good

i've listened to maybe like 3 metal albums from this year so i can't really rank it appropriately

I think everyone should go out and buy Metal Church's new album so they can rank it accordingly for the 2018 list....I shouldn't be the only one who suffered through that piece of crap!

Reactions: CiG
I think everyone should go out and buy Metal Church's new album so they can rank it accordingly for the 2018 list....I shouldn't be the only one who suffered through that piece of crap!

I'll rank it but it definitely wouldn't be in a Top 10 though not as bad as you think it is

Kurdt should have stuck with his own thoughts and changed the name of the band before Howe returned. It's not Metal Church any more and to say they have regained what they once had when they recorded albums like Blessing is so naive the guy needs an enema. Kurdt is a perfect example why no one should handle everything themselves. He might well be able to twiddle knobs and adjust levels but he's proven he can't objectively edit and produce his own music.

i've put it on once and its pretty good

not so into the one 50 minute song aspect of it, but it is good

i've listened to maybe like 3 metal albums from this year so i can't really rank it appropriately

Listen to the Communion albums. Sure I’ve seen you mention being a fan of Hades Archer so you should like those also. Could also try the Mooncitadel if you like mid 90s folky black metal. Good stuff.

Reactions: Mort Divine
Damn you should have asked Santa for a sleep in for Christmas :p

Merry Chrissie to you too It's all over bah the eating here.

Nearly 10am here (7 where CiG is if my maths is right) and we've done everything we need to until lunch time.

I know the feeling CiG I was up at 5:30 like usual and it's not because it's Christmas.

I'm only doing immediate family (with a pool) which can still be annoying but not as annoying as my extended family.
If we do Perth for Christmas the wife's immediate family is okay but the extended family is a bit loopy.
Ironically enough last time we did Christmas in Perth I played the whimp card and said I wouldn't return because it's too hot, this year our coming week is forecast to be hotter than BOM predicts Freo to be. I hope they don't know how to check the weather reports!!