• Hand of Doom

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Rat Salad

Votes: 18 94.7%
  • Fairies Wear Boots

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can't believe "Planet Caravan" is probably already out.
Considering we've got an album chock full of classics it's understandable that an awesome track such as Planet Caravan has to bite the dust early. My head is still spinning in regards to Iron Man.

Just quietly I'm rooting for either Electric Funeral, Hand of Doom & Fairies Wear Boots.

Regarding the "it's played-out" argument.

1. It's your fault for watching commercials (it's 2018, fast forward them on TV; mute them online).
2. It's your fault for listening to dad rock radio stations

The only time I hear Paranoid is when I listen to the album. I guess I hear 20 seconds of Iron Man in the background during sporting events from time to time, but that barely registers.

hard to avoid commercials when you like sports tbh. there's a specific commercial that's always playing lately with paranoid in it. doesn't bother me really, i still like it, but if i could choose not to hear it so often outside of album context i would. i suppose muting is an option.

FYI regardless of what I said, "Paranoid" is one of the best songs on the album and I'll only be voting against it if it comes up against my absolute fave song on the album. I pretty much agree with Tech's tracklist ratings.

Not for me. For me the only way I play out a song/album is if I binge it. Hearing a 20 second clip every now and then doesn't really impact how I feel when I actually listen to the song.

Fair enough, we're all different. My feelings of being burned out on "Paranoid" are mostly gone these days and it mostly came from the video clip coming on TV a lot when I was growing up and my housemate in my teens playing the song constantly with his band when they jammed. A few songs were ruined for me that way for a good deal of years.

"Hammer Smashed Face" is another one.

I remember reading in a Jim Morrison biography once that the Doors had entered negotiations with Buick to license their music for an upcoming commercial. "Come on Buick light my fire" was the proposed tag line. Needless to say, when Jim found out he went hysterical, accused his bandmates of signing a pact with the devil and threatened to bring Buicks up on to the stage with the band and smash them with a sledgehammer. Thankfully the deal never went through, but damn that would have been a sight to behold.

Iron Man was played out by the time I was a freshman in high school and the marching band would play it at every football game. Songs can get played out man.

I wouldn't mind hearing a marching band rendition of Iron Man though.