• Hand of Doom

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Rat Salad

Votes: 18 94.7%
  • Fairies Wear Boots

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In a thread all about Iron Man I reckon this dude deserves some kudos.
Made at home, fully operational suit, everything done for charity, and for the kids.

GMD has reached peak masochism.

Me trying to choose a third song, after Rat Salad and Planet Caravan:
giphy.gif

Last edited:
It's one of the foundational tracks for the doom metal genre, doesn’t the name even come from that song? the structure is also highly influential, and the lyrics are a pretty deep commentary on life at that time, war, drugs etc
still doesn't make the song any better. I'm rating the songs based on how they sound to my ears, not who or what they influenced.
Songs can get played out man.
not for me. I've always thought of that whole "played out" thing as nonsense. I don't get annoyed by songs that i enjoy.

Last edited:
In terms of the 3 most overplayed songs from this album:

War Pigs > Paranoid > Iron Man

the three most popular/overplayed songs imo are Iron Man(by a huge margin)>>>> Paranoid >>> War Pigs. The latter two are still among the best heavy metal songs ever and i would never turn off a radio station or a tv commercial if they came on haha

Last edited:
Planet Caravan - could well be good quality but it's just not my thing and does nothing for me
Rat Salad - great for what it is
Iron Man - a reasonably awesome song but the vocals are too annoying

I find the overplayed thing only applies when it's someone else putting the song on, ie. they could've hit play on a better song, or bands could make more interesting setlists. But when I actually sit down to listen to these songs because I want to hear them, it's completely irrelevant that they're overplayed.

Reactions: Slammed
I find the overplayed thing only applies when it's someone else putting the song on, ie. they could've hit play on a better song, or bands could make more interesting setlists. But when I actually sit down to listen to these songs because I want to hear them, it's completely irrelevant that they're overplayed.

I agree with that. People today need to have more respect for my ears!

Dont know if this is one of the official trailers or not but thought it was kind of cool(prefer the original one though)...

... probably fan made. And i also think this movie was way better than the first 300.

Last edited: