Go listen to Tokyo Warhearts

HateCrewDeathroll said:
Everyone go listen to Tokyo Warhearts right now. Study that album, blast it loud, try and find awesome improv and also try and find mistakes!! (Cause there are barely any)

Listen to this album all the way through, have it fresh in your heads by the time the new double live cd comes out. I've been analyzing Tokyo Warhearts like crazy lately, it's so amazing, I hope that this new CD blows it away, but it is doubtful, the set list on this live CD is incredible, and the playing is perfect, if anyone wants to give me shit about how I expect way too much from Bodom, just go listen to this album and you'll see why I do. What band puts out a live album after only 2 albums? Only COB! Unbelievable, Alexi wanted to show the world that the music we heard on Hatebreeder and Something Wild was real (unlike Dragonforce which is fake studio music because they can't pull it off live.) Children Of Bodom has set the bar quite high with this live album, maybe too high!

I was in the front row at the recent DVD gig, and even though I was pretty wasted I can say they played about as good as on TW. Of course not every part was played note-for-note perfect like on the studio albums, but neither is Tokyo Warhearts. And they have way better stage apperance these days (maybe not in every gig since they play like 200 gigs a year, but at least every time I've seen them, 8 times since early 2003) then they had back in 98-99, according to the live videos from those years.

^I like their stage appearance too. THEY make the concert so much fun. Mostly evey song was perfect when i went to see them, but i don't remember how angel don't kill and hate me went.b

-Unhallowed- said:
I was in the front row at the recent DVD gig, and even though I was pretty wasted I can say they played about as good as on TW. Of course not every part was played note-for-note perfect like on the studio albums, but neither is Tokyo Warhearts. And they have way better stage apperance these days (maybe not in every gig since they play like 200 gigs a year, but at least every time I've seen them, 8 times since early 2003) then they had back in 98-99, according to the live videos from those years.

Yeah, the only real glaring mistake I thought was that in We're Not Gonna Fall is I think Alexi started the 1st solo off beat, unless the rhythm was off.

Lady_Laiho said:
I haven't listened to Tokyo Warhearts yet but it's just the same songs from their other albums so i'm not going to buy it. ANd Bodom are fuckin awsome live. SIxpounder makes a really good live song.
fuckin moron, waste of life

LedByTheReaper said:
Valley of the Damned solo was note for note the 3rd time I saw them, and keep in mind how near paraleticly drunk they are when they play live...
People wait months to finally go see their favorite band, and then they see the band play their incredibly difficult song while they are drunk? Pathetic, total upset.

LedByTheReaper said:
Exactly.. pay £20 to go a gig to hear it EXACTLY like the album.. or listen to the album for free..
When you listen to amazing albums like Hatebreeder and Inhuman Rampage, you think to yourself, this can't be real music, this is unbelievable! Then you go see them live and find out that it actually can be done! Well, not Dragonforce but you see my point. It is so pathetic that Dragonforce is blowing up, they are the biggest shit right now in America. When I went to see them, I was left upset because they skipped so many things because they can't actually play them. It's pretty obvious that I am the only one here that actually cares about these things. I'm sure some older ultimatemetal members care about these things too

Yes, but you still suck.

Listen to the downfall version from Stockholm knockout live. The intro is completly different, don't really know if it's improvised, but it's good as hell. A song doesn't have to sound like the album, or it would be boring to go see the same band more than once. If they can pull something off that doesn't sound like the album but still sounds great then i'm happy.

inhe said:
Yes, but you still suck.

Listen to the downfall version from Stockholm knockout live. The intro is completly different, don't really know if it's improvised, but it's good as hell. A song doesn't have to sound like the album, or it would be boring to go see the same band more than once. If they can pull something off that doesn't sound like the album but still sounds great then i'm happy.

YES OMG PWN THAT BITCH INHE! lol
And that intro fucking PWNS too... Great way to spice up Downfall, which is kidna one of their trademark overplayed songs. And yeh, not sure if it's improvised or not, cause they like (ionna to me sounds like this anyways) they cut into a few seconds of Motley Crue riffs (Wildside, then Too Young to fall in Love)! and a few others too from other bands? I can't quit put my finger on! I love it though.

HateCrewDeathroll said:
When you listen to amazing albums like Hatebreeder and Inhuman Rampage, you think to yourself, this can't be real music, this is unbelievable! Then you go see them live and find out that it actually can be done! Well, not Dragonforce but you see my point. It is so pathetic that Dragonforce is blowing up, they are the biggest shit right now in America. When I went to see them, I was left upset because they skipped so many things because they can't actually play them. It's pretty obvious that I am the only one here that actually cares about these things. I'm sure some older ultimatemetal members care about these things too

Or maybe they were just too drunk.

enjoi17 said:
actually both times i've seen them they were sloppy as fuck with terrible sound quality and just overall shit, two different venues too.

Yer sig is fucking pwning my eyes... everytime i come on this thread, it makes me laugh! I love it, it rules... yer avatar is funny too..

enjoi17 said:
actually both times i've seen them they were sloppy as fuck with terrible sound quality and just overall shit, two different venues too.

yeah ive seen them aswell, and they were absolutely terrible, the worst signed metal band i have ever seen

BTW, Alexi's technical skill has NOT diminished over the years. However, he has gotten sloppier, but this is due directly to how low his guitar is hanging.

alexi.jpg

Look at that in 2006, it's practically at Korn height.

That's a really interesting theory, I had not noticed that before...

Oh, and Dragonforce does suck live.