gogs in Drumagog

ApolloSpeed

Oct 31, 2005
Texas
www.myspace.com
ok, I just got Drumagog......wow what a learning curve.

anyways, i don't have any gogs except the factory ones and I got the Andy Samples from this forum.

But I was wondering how to make the .wav files like Andy's samples into gogs that work.

Right now it is just abunch of a mess for me.:OMG:

ApolloSpeed said:
ok, I just got Drumagog......wow what a learning curve.

anyways, i don't have any gogs except the factory ones and I got the Andy Samples from this forum.

But I was wondering how to make the .wav files like Andy's samples into gogs that work.

Right now it is just abunch of a mess for me.:OMG:

Split Andy's samples into individual hit's using a wave editor(Sound Forge, Peak, Wavelab etc) and import them into Drumagog.

Read up a little on sampling on the net if you need any help editing.

ApolloSpeed said:
ok.....but how long does each individual split part need to be ? Does it matter ?

The duration of the sample is not as relevant as the point where it starts, although there's no sense in making a drum hit sample as long as 15 seconds. :D
You should cut it in the way that the left waveform edge is as close to the wave start and that the right waveform edge is as close to the wave ending. You'll have to zoom in to see where the sample really disappears and possibly apply some fade out at the end of the tail...

You can get the NSKit samples for free, but they're nothing special.

I found Drumagog had an extremely short learning curve though... i got the thing working after 15 minutes and used it on a mix to pretty good effect. Great plug-in.

I´ve been using the latest version of drumagog and it kills aptrigga2. No matter what i do, i can´t get aptrigga2 to trigger correctly. Whether as insert on the track or processing the audio object/event , a simple zoom in shows that the sample isn´t accurate when compared to the original track hit. Drumagog does it beautifully.

Sorry for not helping out but had to share my thoughts. :)

I got one more question

What about the Latency ?

It's harder to tell on kick, but I can hear the difference in the Snare latency and the overheads (snare).

What do I do about that ?

ApolloSpeed said:
I got one more question

It's harder to tell on kick, but I can hear the difference in the Snare latency and the overheads (snare).

Your SW should take care of latency and you should basically have the same issue with the tracked Snare... regardless move the snare around to align to overhead.

Kelch-

ApolloSpeed said:
I got one more question

What about the Latency ?

There are a couple ways to get around this besides getting a faster computer and both have advantages and disadvantages:
-bounce the track and push it back a few ms so that you don't have to use the plugin
-make a duplicate track and push that back a few ms so that the hits line up

Your DAW should automatically compensate for the delay. I like to actually directly process the waveform though. So I generally make a copy of the kick/snare track or whatever and just apply drumagog to it destructively.

If you're running it in real-time, it's sucking out CPU power that it really doesn't have to.