Slate Drums and Drumagog...

Here is Drumagog in action with new Snare11 and Kick2 (kick2 suddenly became my go to kick samp when I saw Mike Shipley using it)... anyway, the point is this.. check out the ghost notes. What I did was copy the snare track and chop out all the hard hits only leaving the ghosts. So I had the main snare track with drumagog triggering the 2 + 4s, and then another drumagog set differently to better trigger the ghosts with the soft velocity hits. BTW Audiophile777 was nice enough to give me an update, apparently listening to the audio demos with his new HS880s (instead of his Maudios) changed his mind about the sounds of the hits. Yey. here is the audio demo:

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/snare11kick2.mp3

and another

www.stevenslatedrums.com/demo/snare11demo2.mp3

if anyone has any questions about triggering the ghosts, lemme know.

Steven,

On Demo2, are those all crack hits or various crack/hard? I've found myself having to play around a little bit because the difference between hard hits and crack hits sound awkward when they both find their way into fast snare sections. Any input?

Thanks!

This is a great question. The answer is that when a drummer is hitting his snare, he's almost always hitting EITHER a crack (which means the stick hits flat and hits both the rim and the center at the same time) or a center HARD hit. Most rock drummers CRACK the snare on the 2 and 4. Therefore, what I would suggest is to adjust the GROUP settings in drumagog so that all the main hits are ONLY triggering the CRACKS. If its an old school song that is less aggressive, I would eliminate the CRACKS and trigger the 2 + 4s with the HARDS.