going to see tcm, will give my review later....

ive seen them all and this by far was the best!!! very well made and the sound is awesome. Leatherface looks the best ive ever seen him and good gore, like old 80's style, i mean you run a chainsaw between someones legs and you get my attention!!
The drill SGT from Full metal Jacket plays the Sheriff...KICK ASS!
Minus the fact that horror flix seem to always have someone hiding in a closet or crawl space only to have a rat crawl across them.....PLEASE! LETS STOP DOING THIS!! ITS OLD AND TIRED HERE PEOPLE!

also, if it looks like blood....IT IS! Is there like an international academy for detecting blood? why do people have to bend down and rub it between their fingers and smell it in movies.....AH YES, SALTY SMELL, THICK TEXTURE...INDEED...WE HAVE BLOOD!!! COME ON!

seen trailer for Resident evil 2...looks good! Seen trailer for NEW DAWN OF THE DEAD......WOW! MUST SEE! but every time i see vin ryhmes i think of when he got ass porked in Pulp Fiction.......a role i would personally not have excepted..kinda ruins your image....just ask Ned Beatty!!!

shadow walker said:
also, if it looks like blood....IT IS! Is there like an international academy for detecting blood? why do people have to bend down and rub it between their fingers and smell it in movies.....AH YES, SALTY SMELL, THICK TEXTURE...INDEED...WE HAVE BLOOD!!! COME ON!
No, that's transmission fluid. ;)

Keyser Soze said:
R. Lee Ermey is the best...

but... why do they feel the need to fuck with a classic? WHY! Re-release the original! DO NOT REMAKE!

what if John Carpenter said that about "THE THING" or how about RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD? Bram Stokers DRACULA , INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS, DEBBY DOES DALLAS......OH WRONG!

I feel your point but some remakes are cool to see. imagine if they remade JAWS,theres no way that would be as cool, but special effects has upgraded and they could tweek it a bit. Plus it enlightens todays puter geeks with old school horror....i kinda dig it, but like i said i feel ya!

To each his own...

Body Snatchers cannot be compared to the 70s masterpiece...

Return of the Living Dead is NOT a remake....

I don't like ANY remakes... there's no need to remake something that worked the first time...

I made the mistake of believing that Gus Van Zandt could add something to Psycho... but even as an homage, it didn't work... Watching the shower scene was almost a sacrilege (sp?)...

Another thing that annoys me royally is this new trend of remaking these excellent foreign films...

The Eye, The Ring, Nine Queens... ugh!

I've heard they're remaking "Halloween". If it's true, this is just wrong. Do you think there's any hope that anyone will remake the new Star Wars trilogy (and make it actually FOLLOW the original story-line) during my lifetime?

Knock Renfield said:
I've heard they're remaking "Halloween".
Not according to http://www.halloweenmovies.com I'm sure they would have something posted about it by now. Pre-production has already started for Halloween 9, though.

I don't know why...Halloween 8 was such an utter disappointment after the first 15 minutes when Uncle Mike finally killed off Jamie Lee Curtis. I mean, think about it...it's like when Wile E. Coyote finally caught the Roadrunner. What do you do then?

smylex said:
Not according to http://www.halloweenmovies.com I'm sure they would have something posted about it by now. Pre-production has already started for Halloween 9, though.

I don't know why...Halloween 8 was such an utter disappointment after the first 15 minutes when Uncle Mike finally killed off Jamie Lee Curtis. I mean, think about it...it's like when Wile E. Coyote finally caught the Roadrunner. What do you do then?

for real! and if you follow the story line the family tree has to be eliminated so jamie lee's son has gotta get whacked! i say PLEASE BRING BACK THE WILLIAM SHATNER MASK AND GET CARPENTER INVOLVED!!

Keyser Soze said:
I don't like ANY remakes... there's no need to remake something that worked the first time...

Guess you don't like Evil Dead 2 then, right? That's basically just Evil Dead redone way better.

Keyser Soze said:
not an official remake... now, is it???? this is a touchy subject dammit... I already threatened violence.... ARRRGHHHH!
Bruce and Sam have said that it is neither a sequel, nor a remake...

this just in.............the remake of EVIL DEAD 2004 ED4 will have the original sound track done by........HANSON, CULTURE CLUB, UB40,DEPHECE MODE,WHAM!,FLOCK OF SEAGULS AND NONE OTHER THEN................NEIL DIAMOND!!!! SING! SING! SING!

Keyser Soze said:
not an official remake... now, is it???? this is a touchy subject dammit... I already threatened violence.... ARRRGHHHH!
Bruce and Sam have said that it is neither a sequel, nor a remake...
Then wtf is it? If Evil Dead 2 isn't a remake I don't know what is. :erk: Bruce did say Evil Dead 2 is a sequel in his book. Evil Dead doesn't need to be remade since it already was - Evil Dead 2 - better IMO. I haven't seen the Texas Chaisaw remake yet and won't make up my mind about it until I do. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion it's just stupid when people make up their mind about something before giving it a chance. As far a violence goes, "Yo She-Bitch!" :D

Well...
Campbell has said that Raimi, Tapert and himself, always considered ED2 a sequel... I think this is in the DVD commentary... he said that Ash would be stupid enough to go back to the cabin... that was kind of disappointing...
To me, it is the same guys, just getting more money and being able to make the movie they wanted...
I mean, the first Evil Dead took 4 years, just to shoot! Because they kept running out of money...
All the recent rash of "Remakes" are more like... studios can't release original ideas... like Bubba Ho-Tep... so they fuck with things they shouldn't... and what the hell is up with this trend of taking bad 70s TV shows and making them into crapfest movies... ugh!?

let us take this time and back pedal boys....i have been in enough fights with women in my time and trust me...i'd rather be in the middle of a street brawl then to piss a woman off! so Keyser, in your infinate movie wisdom, i salute you and exit stage left...your in charge. :erk: