Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Basket Case

• I Spit On Your Grave

• The Burning

• Total voters
Yeah I thought the last scene of Blair Witch rocked! Everyone I saw it with was like "What? Is that it? How gay" and I was arguing with them going "It's meant to be their footage dickheads! What are they gonna say 'excuse me don't kill me yet, I'd like to get a good shot of this?' or something??" Haha! When that camera drops its really spine chilling I reckon.

Hahahaha indeed Troma are a weird bunch. Fred Olen Ray makes great films in the vein of Troma too. Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers is great, plus he did all the Bikini ones (Bikini Drive-in, Bikini Diner, Bikini Ho-Down, etc.) and things like Scream Queen Hot Tub Party.

There are some other cool D-grade flicks too such as Space Zombie Bingo which is the weirdest and whackiest load of CRAP ever that it's just too laughable. But gets boring after about 20 minutes because its past the point of being so bad that its good, that its so bad that its good that its bad, if that makes any sense hahaha! The first scene in the graveyard though is a fine moment in D-grade cinema if you ask me :)

I chose Friday 13th as one of my fav. tacky films!

Gotta love cliche movies that are from that whole era of horror.
The bane of my growing up was spent watching B-Grade horror and listening to Glam Metal.
Ahhhhhh those were the days where I could still portray innocence so well!:lol:

Originally posted by JonBonJovi
The bane of my growing up was spent watching B-Grade horror and listening to Glam Metal.

That sums up my teen years also. The only difference is that I was doing it 10 years too late. Everyone at school always thought I was so weird.

"That movie is OLD! Why the hell do you watch that?"
"That band gay hair! OMG Look... Spandex! Move with the times Trent!"

Hahahahaha! No dickhead, I like '80s horror and glam metal so fuck you!

That was the story of my high school years... hahaha.

Ooh! OOH! Forgot one of the best horror flicks of all time:

Dead of Night!!

Brilliant! Might be a bit old for you guys though, came out in 1945.

I voted for Nightmare on Elm st just ahead of Friday 13th and Halloween.

I remember going to a party a long time ago where we watched the 1st three Elm St movies.one of the guys who organised the night hid in the back yard and then at some point during the night he appeared at the window as Freddy Kreuger(complete with a tool that looked liked Freddy's hand/claw).Everybody in the room jumperd about 6 feet.The best scare i ever had at a horror movie!

I thought Blair Witch Project was the worst film i have ever seen!

Dawn of the Dead is my fav !
Apparantely they filmed a alternate ending for dawn were the black guy shoots himself in the office and the lady in the helicopter sticks her head into the propeller blades decapitating herself !! Just after she does that the helicoopter runs out of fuel so there was no way to escape anyway , hehe.

I also love Suspiria

Also Zombie Flesh Eaters rocks because a zombie fights a shark under water. Can you get any cooler ??? :p

What do you guys think of "The Amityville Horror"?? I haven't seen any of the sequels, but I liked this one quite alot. Bit boring in parts, but apparently its loosely based on a true story, so that makes it cooler. :)

Also, anyone seen "Ed Gein"?? Sounds very interesting, I really wanna see it...

Originally posted by Hanso
Dawn of the Dead is my fav !
Apparantely they filmed a alternate ending for dawn were the black guy shoots himself in the office and the lady in the helicopter sticks her head into the propeller blades decapitating herself !! Just after she does that the helicoopter runs out of fuel so there was no way to escape anyway , hehe.

I also love Suspiria

Also Zombie Flesh Eaters rocks because a zombie fights a shark under water. Can you get any cooler ??? :p

Suspiria! *Drool* Don't get me started again on Argento and his brilliance... :D

Blitzy: I think I've seen Amytville Horror, in fact I'm sure I have, but I can't remember it at all!

Hmmm Ed Gein, sounds interesting! Coz he is who Psycho and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre are both loosely based on!

Originally posted by Blitzkrieg
What do you guys think of "The Amityville Horror"?? I haven't seen any of the sequels, but I liked this one quite alot. Bit boring in parts, but apparently its loosely based on a true story, so that makes it cooler. :)

Also, anyone seen "Ed Gein"?? Sounds very interesting, I really wanna see it...

Another thing with the Amityville stuff is they not only partly base stuff on true stories but they take bits and pieces out of cult classic ocult books.They also base some stuff on myth and legend.
The sequels all are of the same level in production etc. but afterall if you love B-Grade horror they are you classic in your face draw you right in movies.

I can't believe you left 'Suspiria' off the pick list. That has the best murder scene in cinema history!
I don't think 'I Spit on Your Grave' is horror, just a really sick and twisted splatter film! Hahaha.

'Dawn of the Dead' is my favourite film ever. I'm glad there's other people on this forum who actually understood the impact of the final scene from 'Blair Witch'. If I had a dollar for everytime I've had to explain how it ties in with something someone says at the very start, I could afford fuel for the Trans Am forever.

Originally posted by Goreripper
I can't believe you left 'Suspiria' off the pick list. That has the best murder scene in cinema history!
I don't think 'I Spit on Your Grave' is horror, just a really sick and twisted splatter film! Hahaha.

Yes, that opening killing scene in Suspiria is the BEST ever!!! :worship:

I Spit On Your Grave is more rape/revenge than horror, but it generally gets called a horror film probably coz the last 25 mins or whatever is like a splatter film and its purpose is to shock/disturb. Great movie though in my opinion.

I'll always choose The Exorcist... as I saw it for the first time whilst on a mind-altering substance. It scared the shit out of me for the two weeks that followed.

I hated it. :lol: