Gojira again

opethmaniac

Feb 19, 2003
Visit site
Yeah , i know , i already posted a thread about this band a month ago ...
(http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138528&highlight=gojira)
but i saw them live on last sunday and really , really believe me ,they're good :loco: :worship: ....i think that most of the people who read/post stuff on UM should like them so ...
Just have a look on www.gojira-music.com and listen to the albums ...i really don't think you will be disappointed ....and please don't think that , coz they're french , they are crap...they really kick ass and are a lot better than some other more famous death / trash bands ...
Just listen to them please...and let me know !!

Thanks for your replies , all !! It's good to see that some french bands can have some positive echoes in America / England !!
Cimmerian ...i think you should have a look on the gojira website ( again ,www.gojira-music.com ) they sell their THREE discs ( 2 albums and a pretty good demo as well with their first band name Godzilla ) for quite cheap...and i also think they would be SO pleased to have american / "foreigner" (don't take it wrong , of course !!) fans that they will help you with the payment...they try to be as close as possible witht their fans, so....i have even "disturbed" them on sunday , after the show to have some dedications , when they were eating and they just told me " don't worry , it's a honor to sign your stuff " ....pretty nice , i told you...
And their music..god !!
And really , to all the other readers of this thread , listen to the samples they post on their webiste..it's not gonna take a long time and i think you will discover one of the best metal bands at the moment..

Yeah, I had actually emailed them about thos subject about a day ago, and got a prompt repsonse that was quite friendly and helpful. I suspected I could by from their website, but given that I know not a lick of French figuring out exactly how was a bit of a daunting prospect.

hmmm...it's really a shame that none of you can take a few minutes to listen to this band...really , a big shame ..

you don't know what you lose..

hey guys , wake up and listen to this band !!
i'm not gonna let this thread being overdated / not upgraded anyway...
so listen , i won't give up !!:D :devil: :devil:

well, i don't really know actually...just be a bit more patient since they just signed a deal with Listenable Records, a couple of months ago, to be released everywhere in the world...i think they talked about it on the official website, you could have a look...

I've only heard one song by them.
"love", its so grim and heavy and yet so simple
i love that song.
I never knew there was such a following for them though,
i've always thought gojira was this french underground local band.

Anyways thats good to know that they signed to Listenable,
when they release their cd in the states i'll immediatly go buy one.

We're not wasting our time, dude....Gojira is a bloody awesome band and i'm ready to bet my complete Opeth collection that we all are gonna hear about them quite soon, thanks to their deal with Listenable....give them, at worst, a couple of years and you'll see...they're gonna become HUGE and they fucking deserve it...:headbang:

and yeah, The Link was nifty :D