Good Australian Bands?

Birkenau

New Metal Member
Aug 11, 2004
Australia
OK, so I've been trying to get into the 'local' scene lately, so far the only decent bands I've been able to find are Nazxul, Astriaal, Destroyer 666, Alchemist, Psychroptic and The Berzerker.

Are there any others worth checking out? (No Thrash/Speed/Power metal plzkthxbi)

No thrash, yet you mentioned D666 as being a good band? I mean, if you like D666, you should like GOTH, Grenade, Denouncement Pyre, Razor of Occam, Atomizer, Nocturnal Graves and Destruktor.

Mournful Congregation
- funeral doom
Long Voyage Back - melodic doom
Sadistik Exekution - epileptic black/death
Portal - avant garde death
Urgrund - black metal
Stargazer - avant garde death/black
Abyssic Hate - suicidal black
Rev. Kriss Hades - avant garde industrial black metal (guitarist of Nazul/SadEx)
Battalion - melodic black (similar to Dissection/Dawn)
Carbon - traditional black
Myrddraal - black metal
Spear of Longinus - black/thrash
Urgrund - black metal
Cauldron Black Ram - black/death
Misery's Omen - black/doom (think Bethlehem, but much better)

That's all I can think of for the moment.

I know you don't want any power metal but I can't help but point out that Black Majesty is an awesome band. If you are into Queensryche in their good ol days chances are you will like Black Majesty.

Nazxul are so awesome it's unbelievable, I've had Totem on repeat for several days now.

I'm suprised these guys aren't talked about more often (outside of Australia).

Décadent said:
Dungeon are also awesome heavy/power metal.

they are far from awesome.

*note, ignored the no thrash/speed/power thing simply because the bands in your list all fall into one of the above categories, so it seemed stupid.

GotH (as mentioned)
Psycroptic (death metal)
Mortal Sin (thrash/speed metal)
Vanishing Point (proggish power metal) & Vaticide (death metal) are also enjoyable.

also Fuck .. I'm dead are pretty popular and they seem pretty competent for death/grind (if you are into that sort of thing)