Good bands similar to Wintersun?

Josh Burgess

Feb 18, 2008
Tampa, FL
So, I just finally checked out Wintersun for the first time since I saw a few people talking about their guitarists... I actually really dig them, and I don't really like much power metal I've heard... so, what other bands are there out there that sound like this? Keep in mind I'm not really a power metal fan, so I'm looking for more of power metal/melodic death metal hybrid type bands...

I get the same epic feeling from Dark Tranquillity's The Gallery, and both are the only albums with such a degree of beauty and poetry in my book, even though they're not really the same kind.

You might want to check out Ensiferum's first two records, they are also great, a bit more upbeat in mood than Wintersun though, they'll make you want to run around and pillage stuff. :D

edit:Jeff beat me to it.

Although just a little different in style, sounds to me like you need some Kalmah!

I hate Wintersun.

Me too, until Mäenpää puts out Time!

I think every hardware failure possible has happened to this man during the creation of Time... Not to mention that everything must be perfect and in its right place before he'd ever put it out :bah: :D

Me too, until Mäenpää puts out Time!

I think every hardware failure possible has happened to this man during the creation of Time... Not to mention that everything must be perfect and in its right place before he'd ever put it out :bah: :D

i read somewhere the intro has something like +200 tracks, instruments and vst synths

I've had many people compare my album to Wintersun.
I think a couple of the tracks come close, but we share
a similar style; Symphonic Neo-classical Black Metal.

Last edited by a moderator: