Good Brick N Morter Metal Shop in Orlando

Metalhed

Jun 23, 2006
I am flying into Orlando, FL tomorrow for the week. I am wondering if anyone is familiar with any good metal CD shops in that area? Whenever I travel into Massachusetts I look forward to visiting Newbury Comics, so I thought I would see what was available in Orlando. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.... You're hard pressed to find a music store, much less a metal shop here in Orlando. It is a sad situation. I was very disappointed to find this out when I moved down here. Since I moved here, our CD Warehouse has closed, the Virgin Megastore at Downtown Disney has closed, and the Best Buys have cut their music section in half. There are a few independent CD stores in town, but honestly I have more CDs than those places. I have to buy everything off the web.

There are 3 independent stores in town: Rock N Roll Heaven, Park Avenue CDs and Retro Records, but you won't find anything new there. You may find something used on CD.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Virgin closed in Downtown Disney????????????//
DAMN IT DAMN IT DAMN IT!

I am going to be in Orlando the weeks of March 15th and March 29th.

Any shows going on either week?

This is a sign of dire times. CD stores are not getting the business they used to. It scares me. I do not want to buy digital downloads. I do not want that new technology. I like artwork, and a jewel case or digipak. I like the new CD smell.

Yea this really sucks but it is the trend. I'm down with technology and all but not being able to go to a store and shop for cd's really sucks. I worked in record stores throughout college (late 80's) and I miss the whole experience of actually shopping for cd's and records without a computer involved.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Virgin closed in Downtown Disney????????????//
DAMN IT DAMN IT DAMN IT!

I am going to be in Orlando the weeks of March 15th and March 29th.

Any shows going on either week?

You are going to miss Kreator by 1 day!!!

Yea, I think I knew that.
Any cool places I should know about?
Clubs? Stores? Etc.

Esp the week of the 15th, as I will be there on Business.

I will be with my wife and kids at the end of the month, so less free time.

Thanks.

This is a sign of dire times. CD stores are not getting the business they used to. It scares me. I do not want to buy digital downloads. I do not want that new technology. I like artwork, and a jewel case or digipak. I like the new CD smell.

GOD BLESS YOU! Couldn't have said it better myself.

"Music is art. When you buy a CD at the store you get more than music, you get the full work of art."

- Mikhail, Oceano

"I’m old school... when I grew up, at first there was vinyl. So, for me it was a step down going to CD as well and get used to that. Now, having nothing is not really for me.”

- Sharlee D'Angelo, Arch Enemy

"The Unfortunate Thing About The iPod Shit Is There’s No Whole Album Experience Anymore"
- Rob Urbinati, SACRIFICE

Yea, I think I knew that.
Any cool places I should know about?
Clubs? Stores? Etc.

Esp the week of the 15th, as I will be there on Business.

I will be with my wife and kids at the end of the month, so less free time.

Thanks.

W.A.S.P. @ Club Firestone on March 19.
Be there early as the place turns into a dance club after the show!

I am flying into Orlando, FL tomorrow for the week. I am wondering if anyone is familiar with any good metal CD shops in that area? Whenever I travel into Massachusetts I look forward to visiting Newbury Comics, so I thought I would see what was available in Orlando. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Forgot to mention, one thing we do have are some good comic shops. Be sure to hit Acme Comics if you get a chance. Sci-Fi City is cool too.

UPDATE: I have been going back around to all the independent record/cd shops here in Orlando lately. For the most part, they are unimpressive, but I can now say that Park Avenue CDs (which I previously mentioned) is worth the time if you are in town and have some time to kill. They moved a few years ago, and I hadn't been there in a while until recently. They have a bigger selection now. Still nothing to get too excited about, but the used cd section is fairly big and they actually have a metal section (or as they call it- "Heavy"). It's not that big, and most of it is on the death metal side, but I did see a few major label power metal releases in there such as Sonata Arctica.

The address is: 2916 Corrine Drive, Orlando, FL 32803