Good Camping spots

Lordlucid

Warning: Contains Alcohol
Mar 20, 2004
Ukiah, California.
So, I think this summer I'll be running up Hwy 101 all the way to the Seattle area Camping along the way, I know of some really kick ass spots all the way to about Coos Bay, Oregon. But I know nothing past that point. Anyone got any suggestions or want to share some of their favorite areas. Even if their not where I am heading.

I don't really have many pictures, I was only really introduced to taking outdoor photos by this place!

Scotland is basically a massive hiking trail. Apart from the Central Belt the entire country is almost abandoned. Ben Nevis, the UK's biggest mountain, is pretty awesome. I used to own a house on the Isle of Arran and the walking/camping around there is absolutely brilliant. S.A.S training was in the Brecon Beacons in Wales, which is the most challenging terrain anywhere, it's brilliant. I've hiked in Germany too, anywhere in the South is brilliant. I've walked Campania in Italy from Rome to Naples, which is also a great experience. I like doing it anywhere, but Scotland is beautiful and challenging enough most of the time.

Scotland also has the Munro challenge (the Munro's are a bunch of hill/mountains of a certain height) the lot of them are often climbed over a set period to raise money for charity, I've done those too.

These pictures are not mine, but I thought I'd show some images of the locations in the UK anyways:

The Isle of Arran:

arran.jpg

The Brecon Beacons:

breconbeacaons.jpg

Ben Nevis:

bennevis.jpg

I don't really have many pictures, I was only really introduced to taking outdoor photos by this place!

Scotland is basically a massive hiking trail. Apart from the Central Belt the entire country is almost abandoned. Ben Nevis, the UK's biggest mountain, is pretty awesome. I used to own a house on the Isle of Arran and the walking/camping around there is absolutely brilliant. S.A.S training was in the Brecon Beacons in Wales, which is the most challenging terrain anywhere, it's brilliant. I've hiked in Germany too, anywhere in the South is brilliant. I've walked Campania in Italy from Rome to Naples, which is also a great experience. I like doing it anywhere, but Scotland is beautiful and challenging enough most of the time.

Scotland also has the Munro challenge (the Munro's are a bunch of hill/mountains of a certain height) the lot of them are often climbed over a set period to raise money for charity, I've done those too.

Thats awesome!
I thought about walking the Pacific Crest Trail here in the states. Not the whole thing mind you but parts of it for sure.
http://www.pcta.org/about_trail/overview.asp