Good delay plug needed! Give me some tips, please

tgs

Elder
Ok, here's what I want:

* Tap function (I'm working mostly with music not played to click, so this is VERY important)

* Pingpong function

* Easy to set up

* VST compatible

I've tried a bunch of plugs but never found anything that fit my needs. Usually they're locked to the project tempo, sometimes they don't have tap function, and I'm still to find one with "real" pingpong delay. The most essential thing is that it's easy to set up. I usually have a hardware delay set up and I record two tracks back to nuendo, but I'd like to be able to do it in the computer, so I can fine-tune later. All tips are welcome!

A Toolish Circle said:
Waves supertap ?

that's all i use really

Tried that. Can't do a proper ping-pong effect, unless I use 6-tap or something and then have to tap them all separately, which I absolutely don't want. After tap# 6 it all goes to the middle. It's such a simple effect, I don't know why it's so impossible to get... I have it on all my outboard effects but not on any of the plugins!

Well the Kjaerhus classic delay has a proper ping-pong function, but it only syncs to the song or takes manual time inputs. What I do is tap the tempo into a 3rd party program, then convert it to BPM, then convert that to time based on the interval I want, and put the time into Kjaerhus.

Moonlapse said:
Well the Kjaerhus classic delay has a proper ping-pong function, but it only syncs to the song or takes manual time inputs. What I do is tap the tempo into a 3rd party program, then convert it to BPM, then convert that to time based on the interval I want, and put the time into Kjaerhus.

I tried that too a few times. Took about 10 times longer than tapping the tempo into my M-One XL and pushing play. That's where my problem is...

Well, i really like the voxengo ultra funk sonitus FX delay that comes in the pack.. you should check that one out.. the pack contains:

* fx:compressor
* fx:delay (with tempo sync)
* fx:equalizer (parametric)
* fx:gate
* fx:modulator
* fx:multiband (compressor)
* fx:phase
* fx:reverb
* fx:surround
* fx:wahwah

I really like the reverb and delay the most out of this pack... who knows, you might like it as well...