Transferring Plug Ins to New OS?

JayB

Oct 10, 2009
open.spotify.com
Hey - I'm about to get Windows 7 64 Bit on my PC. I just want to know , is it a huge hassle to move the licenses of all the plug ins onto a new operating system ? And are most compatible with 64 bit Windows 7? I tried looking up a contact for most of these plug ins but I can't find an email for IR1a , or Recabinet for instance. I really want Windows 7 , since it could take advantage up my Quad Core CPU much more , but I don't want to chance losing licenses I have paid for. I know Pro Tools will work on any computer because the interface is the key for it , but what do you guys normally do in this situation for everything else? I am mainly concerned with Drumagog , IR1a , Recabinet , POD Farm , and Auto-Tune (ilok) . I don't know if it matters , but I am not getting a whole new computer , just switching the operating system on the same computer. Will these programs recognize that it is the same computer?

Same one worked. I downloaded the Win 7 beta drivers from line 6, the monkey and pod farm and ran them (in that order) and everything activated fine. My POD farm is not ilok, mine is tied to my X3, but I wouldn't think it would make a difference.

iLok = no problems

Thanks ahjteam. I figured ilok would be no problem but a few of my plug ins are not ilok authorized, they just have a license you download. I talked to the Mellowmuse IR1a guy and he said that I can just put Windows 7 on and redownload the license from their site. Hope that works !

digitally watermarked. yes, to prevent piracy.

That's pretty crazy ! Obviously I know how watermarking works with images , but how does watermarking with audio work? Does it create an undesirable sound if you use it on a different computer or something? Is there a plug in you can buy that does this (like the one Andy was asking about with white noise) so clients can't run off with unpaid for files?

I did a fresh install of Windows 7 on my computer, so I lost everything I had on it previously. I had to reinstall all of my plugins, but as long as you have your iLok or dongles (like the X3 for PODfarm) and/or your license keys, it's as easy to install as it was the first time (actually easier since you don't have to register anything).

Just wanted to say I KINDA have Drumagog working now , but it's random. If I put the code in to unlock it , on some tracks it will let me use it , but then when I exit out it says demo expired again... Also whenever I load a project with Drumagog on it , Pro Tools will say something like "could not open drumagog favorites .dat file" or something