Plug ins..

Red Planet

New Metal Member
Oct 7, 2005
Andy I remember you saying you used to love metric halo channel strip. Are you still using it with all the new plug ins coming out, like the URS stuff and Mcdsps new channel strip?

What are generally using for reverbs and compression? I have good outboard stuff (2 distressors, a fatso, 2 dbx 160 vus), but generally dont have the time to always do recalls so I print a lot of tracks back into PT, which is a PITA. I really like the idea of getting more into solely mixing ITB, so want to invest in some decent plugs for my HD2 setup.

If you had a budget of about $2000 for TDM plug ins what would you invest in? I guess I need something decent for an eq, compressor, and a reverb.

Also do you use any outboard while mixing or is everything in the box?

Thanks a lot.

Red Planet said:
Andy I remember you saying you used to love metric halo channel strip. Are you still using it with all the new plug ins coming out, like the URS stuff and Mcdsps new channel strip?

What are generally using for reverbs and compression? I have good outboard stuff (2 distressors, a fatso, 2 dbx 160 vus), but generally dont have the time to always do recalls so I print a lot of tracks back into PT, which is a PITA. I really like the idea of getting more into solely mixing ITB, so want to invest in some decent plugs for my HD2 setup.

If you had a budget of about $2000 for TDM plug ins what would you invest in? I guess I need something decent for an eq, compressor, and a reverb.

Also do you use any outboard while mixing or is everything in the box?

Thanks a lot.

i would check out the sony oxford eqs, very nice sounding.

out of the stuff I've tried, the g-force compressor and equalizer absolutely rule, as does the reverb plugin called 'revibe (I think that's what it's called)
sounds amazing right off the bat :eek: