Windows - Transferring User Shit from One User to Another

JayB

Oct 10, 2009
open.spotify.com
Hey guys - my brother is an IT guy and helped me create a new username on my computer specifically for Pro Tools , which automatically runs batch files to turn off McAfee , the internet connection , my sound card etc. This username has all my Pro Tools optimizations already done for me. I was wanting to import all my Pro Tools plug ins settings and licenses to the other user name. (They are both Administrators) I tried using the new username yesterday , and it was working great until I booted up Pro Tools and they wanted me to re-register all my plug ins and software , wtf? That would take fucking forever , is there any way to at least for now copy the licenses over?

Copy the batch file to your old accounts desktop and run it when you need to record???..thats what i'd try anyway

Dunno if its possible as they are diff accounts..ask your bro where the original batch file is and copy it over

Hey guys - my brother is an IT guy and helped me create a new username on my computer specifically for Pro Tools , which automatically runs batch files to turn off McAfee , the internet connection , my sound card etc. This username has all my Pro Tools optimizations already done for me. I was wanting to import all my Pro Tools plug ins settings and licenses to the other user name. (They are both Administrators) I tried using the new username yesterday , and it was working great until I booted up Pro Tools and they wanted me to re-register all my plug ins and software , wtf? That would take fucking forever , is there any way to at least for now copy the licenses over?

Your bro sounds like he is clued up.

I asked that exact question if what he did for you was possible on tomshardware forums and they told me no.

I have win 7 64 myself.

Your bro sounds like he is clued up.

I asked that exact question if what he did for you was possible on tomshardware forums and they told me no.

I have win 7 64 myself.

Yeah he definitely knows his shit ... he said he had heard of a way to do it and would ask his co workers... really transferring that shit should be easier to do , nobody is going to want to take the time to pull out all their software and re license it with the serials and shit , I just went through all that when I upgraded to Win 7 a few months back , all I can say is that took the better part of four weeks to get everything running back to normal again... and that was WITH my IT bro helping me with most of it... although I will say that a lot of problems were caused by Win 7 incompatibility at the time with Pro Tools