Good idea from Marcel

Sebassefras

Lead guitarist
Jul 30, 2005
Woerden
www.myspace.com
I met Marcel at Mile last Sunday, and I told him I was working on my own Metal-opera (starring Mendel, another member of the forum, and hopefully Paul Adrian Villarreal), and he said he was interested to hear it, and said it would be a good idea to put it on the forum, so everyone could enjoy it (or not, you deceide!)

There are 5 demo's, and because they're demo's there are some small mistakes and stuff (also because I recorded all myself).
They are still backing tracks, so they could sound a little 'empty' here and there, but just focus on the composition!:p

You can download them here:www.myspace.com/sebashoning

Please give me your comment, so I can see what people think of it!

Hey Sebas,

I downloaded the first 3 demo's and listened to it a couple of times. I think it's amazing! Really great moods/atmosphere! I would definately buy something like this. The more amazing is the fact that you're only 15 years old, and then playing guitar like this :headbang: . I think the conservatory will be glad with someone like you, that is if you're planning to go there?
I assume you're going to record it with a real drummer? If not, then I'd suggest you turn down the volume of the cymbals a bit.

Let me know when the stuff is finished.

Cheers,
Roel

:D

Thanx man!!

yeah, I'll record it with a real drummer in the end, this was only a Korg Triton LE 88 keyboard, and my guitars through my effect processor, straight into the computer.
I'll experiment with microphone techniques and more when I'll do the final version.

But thanx about your words of the moods...that's something I've been working on for the past 2 1/2 years, and it worked!:D

Miel! Thanx man!;)

At the moment the site is blocked, but the owner of the site is working on it and he's also working on samples wich will appear on my own site as soon as they're finished.
It could take some time, but I'lll post a new reply as soon as they are downloadable again!

hey sebas bit of a problem here !! my podxt broke down after sena halve finales !! ( btw that dude you know is good!! he's in the finales ) anyway, im going imeditly to the guitar shop to get it fixed, and record the solo !!

Mendel said:
hey sebas bit of a problem here !! my podxt broke down after sena halve finales !! ( btw that dude you know is good!! he's in the finales ) anyway, im going imeditly to the guitar shop to get it fixed, and record the solo !!

Well, Succes with the POD! I'll probally hear from you when the solo is finished!

For people that go like:confused: , Mendel will play a lead solo on one of the songs, that's why;)

Trouens Mendel, kwist niet dat Dusty door is, hij en de bassist zijn sinds een paar weken geleden voor altijd geschorst van school!:D

Hey Sebas, I listened to your demos and I must say I was very impressed with them, especially the atmosphere you created within them ! (I always feel like playing solos over music like this, it speaks to the imagination :))

I can't really give you any comments on how you might improve or change a few things since I have no idea what you have in mind further and I don't know anything about recording music ( not yet, but Cubase awaits me ;)). But, if you continue like this I'm sure the end result will be awesome!

Grtz Remi

Last weekend I've recorded 2 1/2 demo's for DONN: 6,7 and I'm still working on 8.

At Myspace.com I'll be rotating some of the songs weekly, so it's easy to hear all of the songs.

well, bye for now!:wave:

Hey man! I just listened to one of your demos and thought it was really poor (yes, I really did), but although I closed the window, the song continued and since I couldn't stop it I gave it a try anyway. I think it was "Demo 6" and it acctually growed a lot on me and I just wanna say that it turned out to be great! And since it's a demo so far it can only get better, right? Keep up the good work dude!

Thanx!:D

BTW, next week demo 8 will be added. Since demo 5 there are more heavy songs coming up (like 7, 8 & 9 until now..)

I'll probally only put the best songs on it soon (since I wont be able to record more demo's before 3 weeks further)
So if you've heard some of the songs, please let me know wich demo's you liked the most...

I've updated my myspace-account again, but this time I left DONN 6 where it was, so now there are 4 demo's on it. The next time I'll update it I'm gonna but the 3 best on it plus a new one.

Once again: feel free to give some comments about it.;)

I've uploaded my myspace-account AGAIN and this time I left my own 3 favorites and a new demo on it: DONN 10.
This will probably become the last track of the 'story', that's why it has a kind of happy-ending-feeling.

Once again: feel free to give comments.