The thread to break the silence, share your music!

Sebassefras

Lead guitarist
Jul 30, 2005
Woerden
www.myspace.com
I've been experiencing silence on this forum for a very long time, so I came with the next idea:

I know that some forum members (including myself) are musicians/composers theirselfs. I already heard some stuff from some members, and I must say that there is a lot of interesting material there, so share it!
It might be easy to promote your own music with the help of this thread (way easier then how I did it in the "Good Idea from Marcel"-thread).

I'll start off with myself:

I'm a guitar player and at the moment I'm working on my own metal-opera (as some people might noticed in the "Good Idea" - thread). For streaming you can visit www.myspace.com/sebashoning, For more info you're able to visit www.sebashoning.tk

At the moment I'm also working on a semi-instrumental solo record.

Since a little while I'm also the guitar player of the new project of Joost (www.joostmusic.nl), I even played on Marcel's old Yamaha Compass for the demo's!:)

And I also have a prog/sympho - metalband called DNA. More info and downloads on www.myspace.com/dnawoerden

I hope that a lot of other members will introduce their own creations to the world. I'm always excited to hear new material.:headbang:

http://www.soundclick.com/matthodsdon

I'm a 15 year old guitar player writing and recording in an apartment, lol. I play some form of power/progressive metal. My last song was a 14 minute instrumental epic, some people have called it "brilliant," others have said it was boring. I don't know of anyone who thought it was outright bad, though.

And Sebassefras, I like your stuff man.

Hey, I hadn't realized you were this age too! Even better, man. :D

....You're working with Joost at 15!?!?

Yes!
We met at the Ayreon mailinglist.

He has always worked with guitarplayers who were friends or a bit different, for example:
Robot - a american guitar player who sounds like a robot (using a lot of tapping).
Lori Linstruth - from SoP, even before Arjen asked her to record for him. The difference is that she's a female, and female guitarists are still a little rare...
And now he works with me, and I'm sure that I'm the youngest member in this project! ;-)

Good idea sebassefra for this topic.
I like your music. It has a very nice feel to it, very progressif.:headbang:
I am a 16 year old guitar player from Belgium.
I play in a band called Smile At Angels (we are working on a site).
We mainly play progressif hard rock. We try to mix a lot of different styles in our music.
But besides the band I also work on instrumental solo stuff.

http://rapidshare.de/files/24268488/Respiration.mp3.html

Here is a song I wrote when I was 15 years old. It's actually my first instrumental song I have ever written. I'm acctually quite proud of it.
It took me a long time to make it because I had to program the drummachine note for note.
Off course the song isn't perfectly played. There are still a few little mistakes in it. I had to do it in one take and this was this was probably the best one.
Also don't mind the sound if it's bad because I had to record it with this free recording program called audacity, wich isn't the best program out there.

So let me know your comments.

Greetings,

Seppe

I like it!

Very melodic, yet pretty heavy, and a lot of different elements.
It also sounds pretty when you only use a few instruments, good job!

Strange question: Did you use a DR-5?

Haha, this is why I always get worried posting on a hardcore prog forum like Sun Caged. Your guys's songs make mine seem mainstream :D

I've been watching this thread for a while, but haven't posted any of my own stuff yet because I'm a meticulous perfectionist when it comes to my music, and I need a lot more mix/mastering skills to polish to be in the ranks of professionals :)