Kemper Share your profile thread

Jan 3, 2006
Hi there,

the topic came up in a couple of Kemper threads already and since I thought it was a great idea to share Metal specific Profiles on a forum on which a lot of people know what is important for a good Metal tone I thought I'd start.

Since I am pretty new to this forum (long time lurker though) I thought I'd introduce myself shortly. My name is Markus Stock - Metal Producer/Musician from Germany. I am dealing mostly with Dark/Black/Gothic Stuff. I have produced stuff like Secrets Of The Moon, Helrunar, Alcest, The Vision Bleak (my Band actually), Maroon,Bethlehem and a ton more in the last ten years. This is where I am spending most of my days and where these profiles where done too (sorry shitty Iphone Shots only).

IMG_1547.jpg

StudioE2.jpg

Anyway, I profiled tons of amps the last year since I got my Kemper. These three Profiles are of my own amps only though. 5150 MK1, JCM 800 2204 and Triple X. All of these were recorded with my trusty H&K 2x12 with V30 (I really dig this Cab, but tastes are different - it can be quite fizzy). Miked with a Single 57 through either Amek 9098 Pre/EQ or my consoles Audient Pres.
I tweaked all of them a little with some of the Kemper onboard stuff (stomps, EQ, amp and cab options) but this was done this morning at home with Hedphones and my kids running around. so I am not 100% sure if to the better but you can always re-tweak to your own liking. Enough Blabla.

Clips (recorded with the super dull converters of the glorious MBox Mini though):

5150 (boosted with SD1 in profile)
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/29807386/5150.mp3
JCM 800 (no boost, but juiced up with Kemper Gain and boost)
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/29807386/JCM800.mp3
XXX (no boost, juiced up slightly with graphic EQ Pedal)
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/29807386/XXX.mp3

Profiles:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/29807386/Profiles.rar

I hope you find some use for them and more people will share some of Profile work.Always nice to have good sounding options available at hand. Would be real cool.

Best,

Markus

Great idea and thanks for sharing your profiles. I also really like some of the Vision Bleak songs. I'm definitely looking forward to sharing my own profiles.

Guys, how well do profiles, or the kemper in general, work with guitars that the original profiles were not recorded with.
I think I read somewhere that people were underwhelmed with the sound because they weren't using the exact same guitar the rig was profiled with.
What's your experience?

Guys, how well do profiles, or the kemper in general, work with guitars that the original profiles were not recorded with.
I think I read somewhere that people were underwhelmed with the sound because they weren't using the exact same guitar the rig was profiled with.
What's your experience?
different guitars, different DI tracks, the same profiles :headbang:

Sample: http://sinmix.bigcartel.com/audio-samples

Stay Metal!

What's your experience?

There are some minor differences of course. You can imagine it that way: If two guitarists use the same amp, same cab, same amp settings etc. but different guitars and different PU´s then the sound will be different. For example the 81´s and Blackouts, if you play the same profile with both of those PU´s then there will be a different outcome.

What's your experience?

Depends on the player/guitar really - you have to pick a tone that matches the player as you would normally - you can't expect because something has worked well before on something else that it will work again as you still need to use your ears to find something that matches up. Theres loads of options to chose from though so you can usually always find something.

I did last wekk 45 profiles of my Marshall Jvm410, all channels, all modes, different gainstages and two totally different sounding cabs (1960A with v30 speakers and a old Laney cab with G12M70), single mic, dual mic, on axis, off axis. Tried to cover the whole versatile soundrange of this amp!They turned out really well and i will share them all for free! Only have to bring back my home studio from rehearsal room the next days. I'm also looking forward to check your profiles!

Cheerz
Lars (alter Bekannter vom Josi ;)

edit: ooh older thread haha!

I did last wekk 45 profiles of my Marshall Jvm410, all channels, all modes, different gainstages and two totally different sounding cabs (1960A with v30 speakers and a old Laney cab with G12M70), single mic, dual mic, on axis, off axis. Tried to cover the whole versatile soundrange of this amp!They turned out really well and i will share them all for free! Only have to bring back my home studio from rehearsal room the next days. I'm also looking forward to check your profiles!

Cheerz
Lars (alter Bekannter vom Josi ;)

edit: ooh older thread haha!

Looking foward to those profiles!!!!