The 'share a sample' thread

well if you guys have any drum samples regardless of where you got them i will gladly take em. i always blend shit together with other samples anyway so hit me up! key333@aol.com

Hey, is it possible for some0one to post the Vinnie Paul Kick again? The link earlier in the thread no longer works!

I'll knock something together soon and post it

Edit: I'm a tool, shoulda read 3 posts up :lol:

here's my kick sample from this weeks session

The kick is a sample i took at the end of the session (I always sample the whole kit for mix.)

Its a tama 22x18 powerstroke 3 head, plastic beater, falam pad. pillow inside tickling the batter head.
audix D6 inside about 6" from the beater looking at about a 45 degree angle (pointed at the batter side rim)

I cut it with a pretty steep Q at 400 about 4-6dbs and boosted 2-3dbs at 100 and 5k

I used two sets of pzm mics instead of overheads (I've been entertaining the idea for a while) about 8 feet apart five feet in front of the kit and the same behind the kit. I hat a dish towel over the hats to calm them down too (I'm digressing here)
back to the kick
I distorted it with blockfish (digitalfishphones.com)

I paste in every single kick in the song on its own track Under the original kick. I have the sample 100% dry on one track. The original track is smashed some more and triggering just a hair of reverb.

I buss kick ,toms and snare to one group with magneto on it and keep the room mics on a separate buss with nothing on them at all. I also have the free SSL listenback comp on a send.

http://www.allcapsrecording.com/media/EX_KIK.wav

NEW LINK BELOW

There, i just set a simple upload script on my server for you guys.

SHOULD work out fine....

I'll host them for as long as i own the domain, quick upload and simple sharing!

Anyone has any problems, let me know!

I'll fire some stuff up soon.

Just click it, it appears someone hit the x next to every tile that was there and deleted everything!

I'll reupload a better version of the script with deleting turned off.

Just put up my kick and snare for now, i'll do the toms later

Kick Was a Dw 20x22 with evans eq3, and metal pad
mic was beta 52 into chandler tg2
no processing other than that

The snare is an old pearl, miced with neuman kms 105 into tg2 into 1176
bit ringy but kinda cool in a thrashy way.

hope these are handy, lemme know what y'all think

i know im digging up a really old thread...but most (about 90%) of the links in this thread are now dead. does anyone have a decent collection of the samples on their hard drive (at least the good ones that were posted)? PM me please =).

do not just PM him but put them on the FTP, maybe?
I'll be interested in that too..

Links are dead. Any chance of a thread revival and update?

Sorry not trying to be a leech... but I also don't have any of these. And instead of starting a new thread, I thought it might be easier for everyone to just update their links? Just a thought.

EDIT:
Sorry, just found this thread by Erkan with working links. http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/andy-sneap/529782-sharing-my-collection-drum-samples-here-5.html

Not sure if any of these dead links in this thread are within Erkan's collection (downloading now)... but if not, then my request still stands :)