The thread to break the silence, share your music!

Wow, it never ceases to amaze what people can pull off on the guitar, especially considering their young age... In this thread that's not any different, good work people! :headbang:

Here's one of my own songs, called "Just that". It will have some minor modifications, which includes finding a solution for the rather abrupt tempo change halfway into the song.
But eventually it probably won't be that different from this version, so here you go, and I hope you like it!

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=5A0512845E2571DA

Hey everyone,
A couple of days ago my friend came by my house and he had just bought a new photocamera. Luckily for me this camera had also a videorecording function:) .
So we recorded a little video of me playing, just improvising.
Here is the link on video.google

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1156862351334529743

And here is the link if you want to download the video.
This one is in better quality.

http://rapidshare.de/files/28897411/Seppe_Dyck_s_guitar_gymnastics_nr.1.wmv.html

Hope you'll enjoy it!!!
And let me know what you think of it

Greetings,

Seppe

Now everyone should be able to listen to 8 demo's of my metal-opera DONN on sebassefras.hyves.nl

If this doesn't work, tell me! ;-)

Oh yeah, let me know what you think of it. ;-)

Greets, Sebas.

Finally, a track of my own with vocals on it (by Marvin Dee)!

This is from my band DNA. We'll soon change the bandname, because there are hundreds of other bands called DNA.

The song is called For the Pain. Composed by me, all instruments by me (done with a terrible game called E-jay), Lyrics by Alex S. Garcia and vocals by Marvin Dee (who recorded it at home).

Check it at www.myspace.com/dnawoerden

Greets, Sebas.

We wish we could share some music. We have our demo already recorded, but we are still in need of a new vocalist and so there are no vocals recorded yet. But we do have a short sample of music on our myspace.

Here's a band where I play in... bit of Metallica stylish music, or atleast our guitarist/singer & drummer say so, but that's because they like Metallica so much, I don't like at all (yes, I'm the bass-player)

I think we're more rock than Metallica, and we're way better! :D

So check us out if you wish
www.soulsounday.tk
www.myspace.com/soulsoundday

Just released a new demo few months ago... and have gotten some really good feedback, and getting gigs here and there... going good! :)

I can't play them because I don't have an account. :(
I'm not going to make an account, because I have loads of accounts on various websites.
Don't you have a Myspace or Hyves?

BTW, on my Myspace account are also some new songs. They're raw mixes of songs from my upcoming solo record Secret Weapon. Less metal, instrumental and more Vai/Satriani like.
Tell me what you think about them!
www.myspace.com/sebashoning

You can listen without registering by streaming hifi or lofi. No download though, which is why I put the songs on filefront a few days after soundclick.

I'll listen to your stuff shortly!

It's time to reanimate this topic again!
And in my case, a lot has changed....

I'm NOT the second guitar player of Self Inflicted Memory anymore. both me and the old bassplayer have quit the band. They now have a new bassplayer and a keyboardplayer (Ex-Pro Sanity/DNA).

And yes, DNA (later renamed to Pro Sanity) is done. I was the leading member and composer of the band, but it turned out I'm not such a good 'leader' and a terrible organiser and I didn't get any satisfaction out of the music. Besides all of that I was way to busy with other bands.

I'm still the guitar player for Joost Maglev's solo work. Though the current project we're working on is really going to be a Joost Maglev & Sebas Honing project, since we both get the same share of appearance on the album and both composed the music.

And Joost and I also joined Galanor (www.galanor.com). It's a gothic metalband that was formed after the Ayreon fanmeet 2007 and the the departure of Joop de Rooij from his former band Transentience. There are a lot of prog influences (mainly in the chord sequences, not in the time signatures).

And I'm the lead guitar player of Nimble Feet (www.nimblefeet.nl). It's a blues/countryrock coverband and it's all for fun. It's completely different and therefor a nice challenge. And we are even going to be the support act for John Mayall this year in De Boerderij and De Effenaar (5th and 6th of July)!

That's it for now, or I'll be late for rehearsal. ;)

Greets, Sebas.

Hey guys, just saw that thread opening, good idea! :)

As I am writing here, im listening for the 4th time already to one of the new pieces me and my band (Ophion) are working on currently. Unfortunatly, I am in extreme fear of uploading it to here. Not of fear for stealing or something, cause I know people here have respect for each other as I have huge respect for their music, but the fear of not giving you the full qualitative sound. The pieces that im currently writting are all (unfortunately) written upon Guitar Pro and all has the midi sound GP produces along. I know most of the people i know doesn't like the Guitar Pro midi sound (as i don't like it either) and as they claim and I claim, It doesn't give the same feeling of having it live. Me, my guys, and other people I know claim our stuff to have extreme potential (as much as we could praise ourselves :p) and epicness. I would love to upload our stuff here, but question is, if people can tolerate a very midi-ish sound and look between the lines and find the magic.

So until ill get an answer for that question, ill let you see some of the covers/stuff I do in my free time:
This is my account on Ultimate-Guitar.com. if you'll go to the Mp3 section, you'll find 2 original covers I did not too long ago and another cover I did about a year ago:
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Dugihilation/

This is my account on Youtube. here you can pretty much see my progression throughout the years of bass playing :) currently I have around 32 videos posted. you can definitely check them out.
http://www.youtube.com/user/IronDugi

and again, if you guys are willing to listen to bad midi-ish quality, I can definitely upload my midi stuff.

Ill have a talk with you guys later.

Keep it up! :)

Nice stuff, sounds gordian knot like!!

Hey guys, just saw that thread opening, good idea! :)

As I am writing here, im listening for the 4th time already to one of the new pieces me and my band (Ophion) are working on currently. Unfortunatly, I am in extreme fear of uploading it to here. Not of fear for stealing or something, cause I know people here have respect for each other as I have huge respect for their music, but the fear of not giving you the full qualitative sound. The pieces that im currently writting are all (unfortunately) written upon Guitar Pro and all has the midi sound GP produces along. I know most of the people i know doesn't like the Guitar Pro midi sound (as i don't like it either) and as they claim and I claim, It doesn't give the same feeling of having it live. Me, my guys, and other people I know claim our stuff to have extreme potential (as much as we could praise ourselves :p) and epicness. I would love to upload our stuff here, but question is, if people can tolerate a very midi-ish sound and look between the lines and find the magic.

So until ill get an answer for that question, ill let you see some of the covers/stuff I do in my free time:
This is my account on Ultimate-Guitar.com. if you'll go to the Mp3 section, you'll find 2 original covers I did not too long ago and another cover I did about a year ago:
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Dugihilation/

This is my account on Youtube. here you can pretty much see my progression throughout the years of bass playing :) currently I have around 32 videos posted. you can definitely check them out.
http://www.youtube.com/user/IronDugi

and again, if you guys are willing to listen to bad midi-ish quality, I can definitely upload my midi stuff.

Ill have a talk with you guys later.

Keep it up! :)