Good job christians in Oklahoma. =(

my father died before I was born, so explain how I don't know what I'm talking about?
Sorry, but I don't believe a word. You are quoting your friends in every post, not bringing any point from yourself into this, so, no, I don't believe you that.

Jeff, I am aware of Mother Teresa and her thoughts on suffering. I'm just giving an example of an archetype that non believers could benefit from. The closest thing we have is Sagan. We need more of them.

That's my point - if you think that anyone could actually benefit from her example, you simply don't know enough about her.

Jeff

In fact Teresa de Calcuta, as all christians, was a fierce oponent to pregnancy interruption and contraception in an overpopulated country with aids problems.

They don't accept pregnancy interruption but they promote AIDS transmission (indirectly) and overpopulation (so poverty).

Sorry, but I don't believe a word. You are quoting your friends in every post, not bringing any point from yourself into this, so, no, I don't believe you that.

It's not exactly something I like to spill on the web. Frankly, I don't really give a fuck if you believe me or not, random guy on the internet.

"look.. if you come on here and say you believe in leprechauns, you can very well expect that some people will outright laugh at you and many will question your beliefs and call them silly, but NO ONE will demand tbat your belief in leprechauns is above criticism, argument, or satire, and that's because in the age of reason NO unsubstantiated belief is above others and none of them get a free pass, so religion does NOT get a free pass either"

That´s my James Murphy facebook quote of the day..haha :)

Why the fuck would he have a reason to lie about that?
I never knew my dad, I guess you don't believe me either? Fuck yerself.

So is it okay for me to be an atheist that is against abortion on a personal level? Can I personally view a fetus as a cluster of cells and still find it wrong to destroy it? Can I be personally against abortion but accept the right of others to be pro-choice?

The problem I see with the abortion debate is that it forces us to draw a line where "life" begins in some cases. The fact that the government can arbitrarily determine where this line is should be bothersome to anyone.

Granted I haven't read every single post in this thread, since it seemed like a lot of them turned into "OMG If you're religious you're stupid" or "OMG if you're an atheist you're an ass." For me the jury is still out on abortion, and I think even completely removing religion from the issue still leaves the heart of the debate intact, namely whether a cluseter of cells that is a fetus is considered life or not - and who has the right to determine whether or not to destroy that cluster. Maybe I'm crazy, but removing religion from this debate does not make it any easier.

So is it okay for me to be an atheist that is against abortion on a personal level? Can I personally view a fetus as a cluster of cells and still find it wrong to destroy it? Can I be personally against abortion but accept the right of others to be pro-choice?

That's the whole essence of pro-choice. You choose what you think is right, you don't force that on other people. Its not 'all unwanted babies MUST be aborted and all adoption centres shut down'.

Even if you are pro-life/anti-choice/quasi-whateveryouwanttocallit, banning abortions won't stop them and education is the best way to render them irrelevant.

Jeff

these threads do nothing more than show how incapable theists are in constructing logical arguments but instead make themselves to look like they are completely irrational, ignorant and uneducated. Some extreme intolerant moralfags don't help the situation either who try to absolutely force what they believe as the only correct way.

These threads bring out the lulz

Faith - belief that is not based on proof

Santa Clause exists, injecting heroin is good for you and the holocaust never happened.

Who the fuck am I to cast judgement on those with "faith?" I'm just a guy who believes in science, who the fuck are you?

hahaha +1

the whole argument of whether it is moral to judge someone is older than the pope, let those who want to judge, judge and those who don't, well don't. Theists need to stop trying to rule with an iron fist on other peoples lives, due to their moral beliefs. To an Atheist/Agnostic, moral is different from person to person, it is subjective (not objective), and no one has the right to tell another person that their beliefs are wrong regardless of how fucked up you may think those beliefs are, and that goes for both sides, theists and atheists alike.

The problem I see with the abortion debate is that it forces us to draw a line where "life" begins in some cases. The fact that the government can arbitrarily determine where this line is should be bothersome to anyone.

Granted I haven't read every single post in this thread, since it seemed like a lot of them turned into "OMG If you're religious you're stupid" or "OMG if you're an atheist you're an ass." For me the jury is still out on abortion, and I think even completely removing religion from the issue still leaves the heart of the debate intact, namely whether a cluseter of cells that is a fetus is considered life or not - and who has the right to determine whether or not to destroy that cluster. Maybe I'm crazy, but removing religion from this debate does not make it any easier.

Of course it's okay. I'm an atheist, and as I mentioned earlier, I am against aborion personally, but I don't think it's a black and white issue.
As Morgan C pointed out - being pro-choice has nothing to do with being "pro-abortion". It just means you don't think it's right to force everyone else to agree with you.