Good Metal albums in 5.1... Any suggestions?

TTOS

Feb 12, 2007
Southampton, UK
myspace.com
I'm really getting into 5.1, DTS and so far I'm loving Opeth's Watershed and (no sneering they are fucking awesome albums) Genesis Selling England by the Pound and The Lamb remasters. Can anyone suggest any good metal albums in 5.1 that are available at the mo?

Check out Opeth's "Still Life" and "Ghost Reveries" as well! (not sure about Still Life, but I know the Ghost Reveries one comes in the 2-disc digipack version of the album; also on the DVD is a really cool studio diary/documentary about the band in general, worth picking up for sure!)

mastodons leviathan

A totally awesome album on it's own, I'll definitely check it out in 5.1

For those of you that haven't checked out 5.1, it's excellent. You need a good setup, as in good gear and good speaker placement, and time! It's not something you can just put on and do the housework to... You need to sit, listen and absorb the entire album..

Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral.

The 10th Anniversary re-release had a 5.1 mix on DVD-A. I think it's probably the best 5.1 album I've heard, just because there's so much going on it really fills the space.

Natasha by Pig Destroyer is incredibly unsettling and well-realised, but at the same time it's not something I'd listen to very often.

Steve

usually 5.1 streaming is handled by a physical DVD player, and they are 48k by nature.

most albums in 5.1 are an afterthought.

Opeth ARE including in this category.

For a class at uni, I took over 30 DVDs / CDs into the 5.1 suite - and found to my surprise that a lot of them weren't really *that* different from the stereo versions apart from the obvious spacious differences.

The Offspring however have done some really great panning and use of the 5.1 system. Greatest hits album.

and not metal, but dark side of the moon.
oh my good god. that was an evening and a half. baked off my tits immeresed in music

all the opeth mixes are 5.0, as they don't have the...dedicated sub channel, I want to say it is? same thing with the katatonia mix, I believe.