good modern deathgrind?

youdontknowme

New Metal Member
Jul 8, 2007
Youngstown, Ohio
I've heard and loved Assuck, old Brutal Truth, Soilent Green and Pig Destroyer. don't care for super-tech stuff like Cephalic Carnage. also don't care for Misery Index, the band that was named after the album in my avatar.

V5, I know you can help me. I want some real punk rock influenced deathgrind, similar to Assuck.

Well, Assuck is not very modern sounding at all, nor are they modern in any way literally either so I am not sure exactly what you really want. Any modern bands you can reference?

He's probably saying that he wants newer bands that sound similar to the ones he named.

Napalm Death?
Extreme Noise Terror ~ Being and Nothing?

Gorelord's Norwegian Chainsaw Massacre is kinda grindy... although I dont think it's what you're looking for... it entertaining.

They've always been Korn influenced, but it's only noticeable on one or two instrumental tracks on the album I recommended; the rest is fucking furious.

Impetigo
Kill the Client
S.O.B.
Sore Throat
Trap Them
Withered
Deep Wound
Rotten Sound
Dropdead
Bastard Saints
Benumb
Plague Bringer
Blood Duster
Phobia
Premonitions of War
Ratos de Porao

Almost forgot Antigama!
also:
Circle of Dead Children

I checked Alienation Mental's metal-archives page, apparently now they're playing nu metal. what a bunch of sellouts.

Their newest album Psychopathicolorspectrum has a lot of nu-metal influence in it, but it still got plenty of brutal death-grind in it, and I don't think it would really appeal to nu metal fans all that much. I think it's an interesting style change.