Anyone going to the Maryland Deathfest?

i did see some pics of peeps hadbanging at the top of the building from where this video was shot.

i don't get this festival and where it takes place. is that an off ramp from a hwy?

I couldn't go :( But I know plenty of lovely looking lasses that did go, so the only-uggos theory is false.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzK97rb_7As&feature=share[/ame]

is this band shopping where Portal does?

MDF consisted of: me being a mute whilst sober and not shutting up when drunk; Max getting lost one night trying to find the hotel; Nick getting kicked out by security during Hooded Menance; Brandon hitting on every female in attendance. Valet parking was pricey at $30 a night so I parked in a garage close by for a much cheaper price. The next day we find out that ALL keys given to the valet were stolen.

Dead Congregation, Inquisition and Repugnant were by far my favorite performances of the fest. Neurosis played outside during a thunderstorm and I liked them more live than on album but I'm still not a big fan. Coroner was the biggest disappoint as their setlist consisted mostly of Grin, Mental Vortex and a really bad Purple Haze cover. Now I'll post setlists no one cares about

Dead Congregation:
Martyrdoom
Morbid Paroxysm
Vomitchrist
Vanishing Faith
Graves of the Archangels
Lucid Curse
Feasting Angelcunts
Subjugation
Hostis Humani Generis
Teeth Into Red

Funebrarum:
Perish Beneath
Beyond Recognition
Kingdom of Suffering Souls
Cursed Eternity
Among The Exiled
Grave Reaper

Inquisition

Acid Witch

Neurosis

Coroner

Right before the storm for Neurosis, I turned to a hot chick and said, "I'm Brandon and I'm ace. Nice to meet you." I then proceeded to hang out with her the next day.

Then I continually hit on Karen's friend, who is really hot. I got her number. Too bad she lives in MD.

well fuck me ... NEGURA BUNGET just confirmed for 2012.
I'll be there for sure unless they play a gig in NYC as well.

I just listened to Vîrstele Pamîntului for the first time and could only make it through 4 tracks before turning it off. Negura will probably close one of the nights on the indoor stage.

8 more bands have been confirmed for MDF 2012:

GODFLESH (UK) - Exclusive North American appearance!
WINTER
TSJUDER (Norway)
HORNA (Finland)
SARGEIST (Finland)
DISMA
LOOKING FOR AN ANSWER (Spain)
NASHGUL (Spain)

Hopefully I can finally see Godflesh this time. They cancelled the last 2 times I tried to see them. First time, one of the members had a breakdown & left the tour the night before my show. The other time they broke up & dropped off a tour a few days before the tour was supposed to start.

And maybe most memorably, the first time I witnessed a man whip out his junk out on stage, piss in his cupped hand and wipe his face with it.

The latter first came care of Horna, who's lead singer Spellgoth performed the "urine baptism" at center stage

125.jpg

126.jpg

127.jpg

128.jpg