Good news/Bad news : Dark Tranquillity

hibernal_dream

A Mind Forever Voyaging
Jul 10, 2001
Grave with a view
Since there seems to be mixed opinions on the board about this particular band..... anyway, i'm fucking excited! :D

Sweden's DARK TRANQUILLITY have finalized the track listing for their brand new CD, entitled Damage Done, which was recently completed at Studio Fredman in Gothenburg. It is as follows:

01. Final Resistance
02. Hours Passed In Exile
03. Monochromatic Stains
04. Single Part Of Two
05. The Treason Wall
06. Format C: For Cortex
07. Damage Done
08. Cathode Ray Sunshine
09. The Enemy
10. White Noise/Black Silence
11. Ex Nihilo

No release date has yet been announced, but it is expected that Damage Done will surface sometime before the summer through Century Media Records. Meanwhile, DARK TRANQUILLITY will be performing at Chalmersrocken in Gothenburg on May 4th.

can't wait..... should be some really cool stuff.....that and the new opeth albums are on top of my 'must buy' list right now...... hrm.....seems we still can't weed out the ignorant ...... 'least some people in here can be nice 'bout not likin the band....

Originally posted by hibernal_dream
Since there seems to be mixed opinions on the board about this particular band..... anyway, i'm fucking excited! :D

Sweden's DARK TRANQUILLITY have finalized the track listing for their brand new CD, entitled Damage Done, which was recently completed at Studio Fredman in Gothenburg. It is as follows:

01. Final Resistance
02. Hours Passed In Exile
03. Monochromatic Stains
04. Single Part Of Two
05. The Treason Wall
06. Format C: For Cortex
07. Damage Done
08. Cathode Ray Sunshine
09. The Enemy
10. White Noise/Black Silence
11. Ex Nihilo

No release date has yet been announced, but it is expected that Damage Done will surface sometime before the summer through Century Media Records. Meanwhile, DARK TRANQUILLITY will be performing at Chalmersrocken in Gothenburg on May 4th.

DT's older stuff (The Gallery, Mind's I) was very good, but the new stuff (haven) sucks. If they go bck to "the roots" on this new album then it might be good, if not...well that's just too bad.

Hehehehe

So many people are so affraid of change, you all " Past dt was asome new dt sucks" idiots will never get it, DT has always been about taking chances with music and ideas, your lost but i predict you will be all extremely disappointed with the soft new opeth album.

I'm looking REALLY forward to a soft Opeth album. I miss the sound Orchid and Morningrise had, the ones after are good too, but not as good as those first two. Also I think the idea of Mikael doing a whole cd with clean vocals and more melodic guitar is awesome!

As for the New DT.....I'll have to sample songs before I buy. To whoever said it should be a cross between projector and Gallery.....The Gallery was my favorite and Projector my least favorite. I don't see how they could me "combined" <shrug>

Originally posted by Misanthrope
Hehehehe

So many people are so affraid of change, you all " Past dt was asome new dt sucks" idiots will never get it, DT has always been about taking chances with music and ideas, your lost but i predict you will be all extremely disappointed with the soft new opeth album.

Hear, hear. I personally really like Haven. Not for the same reason I like The Gallery or The Mind's I, but that's the whole point.